Twister411's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Official and Unofficial events

We have LGC members who are sending out messages stating "official LG events", though they are not staff members of Google.  This happened on our G+ community page, when I said there wasn't an official email and we got the notice that September was accessibility month.  The poster continued to explain and elevate his status as beyond just a LGC member.  This is not the first time I've gotten messages directly and indirectly.  Can we get clarification on who should be pushing "official" events.  I don't agree with people who push their personal agenda, which is why I don't visit LGC much.  I want to see content and information. 

1 comment
Level 10

Re: Official and Unofficial events

Dear Twister411, hope all's well. Local Guides Program Rules talks about meet ups and events, the differences and how to go about it all. Please remember, as Local Guides, we're all on the same team, all volunteers, learning as we go, each endeavouring to bring their best and there's at least two sides to every story. Thank you for respecting privacy, as in: Reporting a Local Guide. Kind regards from Osaka78