BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

[UPDATE 2/2/18] Known Issue: Impact badge counts not updating

Hello everyone,

We've received a number of posts about your impact badges not updating and or the counts fluctuating or remaining frozen in place.  I'd like to let you know that we are taking a look at this issue and all updates will be posted here. I have merged multiple conversations around the issue into this thread so please stay tuned for further updates.

UPDATE: 2/02/18

A fix has recently been pushed to the community, with all view counts and badges expected to update by 2/5.  Please note that your photo counts on badges and your photo counts in "My contributions" do not sync exactly and this is because Local Guides data syncs separately from Google Maps in the cloud. So you will always be a nominal difference but if you are still noticing issues with your badge updates, please write a post here and tag a moderator so we can continue to monitor. Thank you all for your patience!

UPDATE: 1/25/18

We are still investigating the issue and we thank you for your patience. Please continue to contribute as you normally would and your counts should revert to their proper totals once the issue is solved. Some of you have also noted discrepancy in your email counts vs your contribution counts. The reason the discrepancy is showing is because our emails will record all contributions you have uploaded, including private items (contributions you have added to Maps that might be marked private due to potential violations of Google Maps contributed policy). Your badge counts on the web (or mobile) reflect the counts of your viewable (non-private) content. 

This is something we're also investigating at as we look to make points and counts consistent across all platforms.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
413 comments
Level 7

Number of photos views incorrect

Hello, i've received a badge when my pictures reached 100.000 views. But when i click on the badge, it's still the old one and my views are at 60.000. 

Can someone fix this ?

Greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Wraf

Level 7

Re: Number of photos views incorrect

Hi @Wraf,

First of all, congratulations on reaching 1,00,000 view on your photos.

LocalGuide badging system & contributions page sometime take time to sync as I believe they are not on same platform. 

My advice is to you to wait for couple of days and it will get synced.

It is good thing that you have brought this issue to the community and a google moderator can look up for it and solve it if there is any coding issue with software. 

Till then, Keep contributing, keep helping.

Regards,

Vikas

Level 7

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think this is a sync issue because I already received the upgraded photo badge after reaching 100.000 views.

But then it reverted to the old badge with 60.000 views.

The strange thing now is that on the photo badge i have like 60.000 views but on the photos tab my views are over 101.000.

If a modo can fix that it'll be awesome

Thanks for your help
Level 8

Sometimes Google Local guide takes time 1 day or 2 day but don't worry about that it will updated automaticaly

Jayesh Vekariya
Level 7

@KarenVChin,

Hi @Wraf,

You are right, this seems like a error in counting problem of photo views. In this case, This problem is specific to you. Let me tag a moderator for you to speed up the solution for you.

Hi Karen,

Could you please look into the matter and forward the issue to concerned authority? It seems a legitimate coding issue for a specific user.

Regards,

Vikas Jangra

Hello @Wraf, Congratulations on reaching 100,000 views!

We will look into this issue, so can you please share some information with me?

- Can you please let me know when did you receive the badge for 100.000 views?

- Can you please share a screenshot when you clicked on the badge (without any personal information)?

Thank you. 

Level 7

Hello Atsuko,

Sure, here it is.

You can see that i have more than 100.000 views but when i click on the old badge, it shows 70.000.

I don't remember when i received the second photo badge, maybe a month ago.Screenshot_20171229-215701.jpg

Screenshot_20171229-215653.jpg

Hello @Wraf, thank you for sharing the screenshots. Your profile shows the correct number of your photo view (113,826) - that’s good. I will look into the badge issue. 

Level 7

Thanks @Atsukot