bhootsanchita's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Novie trailblazer badge is not getting updated

Hi @BruceDM

Thank you again for all the support you and your team have given me. I really appreciate everything you guys do, and it always incentives me to continue contributing in our community. My only other question is why my photographer badge isn’t appearing on my main screen with my other  badges. I’ll include a picture below so you can see what I mean. Also, my fact finder badge as well as my trailblazer badge have come back up to date as of this morning.

Thank you again for everything. I really appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Sincerely, Dylan 8C5DC242-B40F-44B8-A321-93F59BA79742.png

Former Google Contributor

Re: Novice trailblazer badge is not getting updated

Hi @Charles_R_Basin - Can you share a few screenshots of the views you are seeing and where there are discrepancies? At this time I only see 5 public photos and about 4,300 views on your profile.

I would need to see the following

- Individual photo counts

- Photo counts shown in "Your Contributions"

- Photo counts shown for any relevant badge totals

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Hi @BruceDM Here are the requested screenshots. To put it simply all the photos taken in 2017 and earlier are missing. The counts (only 5 when there are >50) are consistent in 2018, but all the photos from the previous year and those taken before March 2018 are missing. I attach the screenshots. I received a message from Google Maps <google-maps-noreply@google.com on 01/23/2018 reporting over 300,000 views of the photos that are now missing. You can see from the screenshot that it shows photos taken on 11/27/17 and 12/7/2017, and they no longer appear in my count.

screenshot of email on 01/23/18screenshot of email on 01/23/18screenshot of photo countscreenshot of photo countGoogle Maps0.png

Level 7

Hey @BruceDM,

you are the best! Thank you so much for swapping the Waldo badge for the photographer, and all the other work you’ve put into aiding me with malfunctions. Thank you so so much!

Have a great weekend, and thank you again for everything you’ve done!

Sincerely, Dylan

Level 7

Hi @BruceDM,

I truly feel horrible bothering you again, but it seems to have my trailblazer Badge’s Photos locked again, as well as the rest of it reviews, added places, etc. Any help as always is greatly appreciated. I’ll keep you up to date with any changes as always.

Thank you in advance Dylan.5FCBD9AA-FA0D-4CB3-8F33-AA57EE40B920.png

87A9CE6B-64D1-4149-A8EE-59F4DE4220F1.png

17116AEB-474B-4267-AE5B-93A727DD8729.png

F6581952-0DFA-48E9-A909-836FE2983C91.jpeg

Hi @Dylan_M

Thanks for sharing. Just a reminder here that badge statistics don't update in real time so a 24-48 hour window for the badge credit to go through should be expected. I should also note that adding things to the map is an item that requires moderation (whether through automated or human intervention) so delays can be expected there as well.  To be sure if there are issues with the system, please try to document or date screenshots from the time something was approved and also the volumes of your badge before and after the places approval, to see if a gap of longer than 2 days is occurring. 

@Charles_R_Basin - This is helpful thank you. There is definitely a bug with the emails that I will investigate asap.  

I see the photos listed (but not shown) in your email include a "Whole Foods" or a "Cilla's Coffee" and a "Hawthorne (something)..."  Do these photos show up in your personal contributions at all?  If they do can you share a screenshot of then from "Your contributions > Photos" tab?

Level 6

@BruceDM None of the photos you see in the email show up in my personal contributions. All photos prior to a month ago are missing. I sent you the email from January 2018 to prove that I had lots of photos in 2017, and all of them are missing. Do you need to see the email from 01/23/2018? If yes, is there a way I can forward it to you since the screenshot is not helpful?

Hi @Charles_R_Basin - No need to send that additional information. I will note that some of your contributions may be automatically removed from Google Maps if they do not adhere to our policies (reviews, photos and videos, community). An example of this would be photos that are low-quality, low-resolution or duplicate in nature. Such items can be picked up and removed by our internal filters.

We are looking into the email issue at this time.

Level 6

@BruceDM I doubt it is a policy issue since all the photos I took in 2017 were on the same phone as in 2018 so the resolution is exactly the same. Furthermore the email in January mentioned 300,000 views. How could dozens of photos suddenly violate a policy after they were acceptable for more than a year in 2017? If it were a policy issue why would it remove all photos before March 2018 instead of a subset that failed a specified criterion? Isn't it more likely that a software defect incorrectly removed them?