NFY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Level 7

No rating options for religious places

Rating option is available in Google map so that people can judge and rate a place how good it is

It is very helpful to local guides and other users

But rating religious places like temple, mosque, church or any other religious places is not a good thing to do

So I request Google to remove rating option for all religious places 

Local guides I need your suggestions, what I am saying is right or wrong? 

India
15 comments
Level 7

Rif.: No rating options for religious places

Hi @NFY

I prefer to vote. It's the vote for the place, not the religious.

Sorry my bad English.

Level 7
Level 7

Rif.: No rating options for religious places

@EnzoDi 

Thanks for your suggestion 

Level 10

Re: No rating options for religious places

Hi @NFY, although I can see your point, in some cases, people do not just rate a religious place as such but also as a tourist attraction. True that most of these places should not be considered as tourist attractions but a place of worship but such is life: most of the folks visiting the St Peter's Basilica in Roma has never participated in a mass in that particular church. 

An interesting thought though and I am looking forward to what others have to say about your suggestion.

Level 10

@NFY why not think the other way, 

The rating is not to judge the religion or the priests in it .

Rating and review pretty much must be saying about the way place is maintained the pros and cons .  For example there is a temple on the road side and busy always at a point of time . You can review it by saying this particular time the traffic infornt of the place is so busy , so it is better to give a visit before or after the particular time.

Level 7
Level 7

I am also in a dilemma what I am suggesting is right or wrong let's see what other local guide think 

Level 7
Level 7

@NarenChandra

What I am trying to say is rating a sacred places is a uneasy thing

Let's say I have to rate a hotel 

I will rate a hotel based on the Ambient, quality, service the provide, 

On what bases should i rate a sacred place? 

Level 9

@NFY .. I got your point and what @NarenChandra, @Csaba, @EnzoDi also think.

From my perspective, I see that stars reflect the level of service that places provide (if implemented on restaurants, hotels, parks, etc.). While, most religious places have only one applicable topic to review -if we implement the previous concept- which is the WCs and general maintenance of the place.

Merging all ideas together, I would recommend leaving the ability for people to write a review, and add a "like" -heart or OK symbol-, but not to give number of stars.

That way people can still express their opinions and feedback, clearly differentiating "religious places" from "businesses/service providers".

I hope that helps..

Level 10

@NFY I can understand your feeling, we are not rating believes of people, we are rating the place as a tourist. If we rate a place with one star or five stars if you are attached to that place religiously you will go there. This rating is only for the tourist. We all respect all the religions. 

Level 7
Level 7

@JafferA

I second your suggestion 

"Merging all ideas together, I would recommend leaving the ability for people to write a review, and add a "like" -heart or OK symbol-, but not to give number of stars."