offworldwonder's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

No Points for Photos

I'm wondering what's up. I was a level 7 with a bunch of photos, now I'm back down to 6 with two missing badges. I see that my photos are still there, but they're not recognized. I didn't get any notifications or anything to let me know why this might have happened. would love any info. thanks. 

google photos 2.jpggoogle photos.jpg

Bangkok Thailand
6 comments
Level 10

Re: No Points for Photos

Hi @offworldwonder

I understand that you've contributed 960 photos and did't get a point for that. please refer Image Acceptance & Privacy Policies and Maps User Contributed Content Policy

i think @TraciC  will help you.

Thank You.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 6

Thanks for the links. I don't think I posted anything that violated googles policy. Up until a few days ago i had points for most of my photos. now they're just gone and I can't seem to find a reason why.  

Level 6

@TraciC , any ideas? 

Former Google Contributor

@offworldwonder - Thanks for sharing with us. I'll take a look into your issue and report back as soon as I can.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

@BruceDM thanks for looking into it. Any new information?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @offworldwonder - We're still looking into this.

As a reminder, Google Photos and Reviews that don't adhere to Google Maps Contributed Content Policy are subject to removal by our filters. Such items that could be up for removal and or may be marked as private include duplicitous photo uploads or reviews that are cut/pasted from external sources to name a few obvious candidates.

I am not available to respond on the weekend