MadanKPradhan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

No Link on the recently added locations.

Past few days I am dealing with a problem, if it occurred with other or not...The main problem is there is no direct hyperlink to the location which I have created recently..If you move your cursor above the approved place you will get a hand cursor which means it will take you to that specific location, but its not appearing in recent locations which I have added.

Browser : Opera

Version information Version: 43.0.2442.1144

Update stream: Stable

System: Windows 10 64-bit (WoW64)

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
10 comments
Level 8

Re: No Link on the recently added locations.

Hi @MadanK,

I am not using Opera, so I do not know, but from the Google Maps help the followings are the supported browsers:

Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari

So I would suggest to use Chrome:) have you experienced the same with Chrome?

Level 9
Level 9

You're going to have to provide some more detail to get help because you're not very clear. Can you provide a map link and a screenshot?

Level 8

回應: No Link on the recently added locations.

Hi @MadanKPradhan,

I can confirm seeing the same issue.

In My Contributions, Edits, the entry is not linked to the location of the edit.  It happens to some but not all edit entries.

Where a link is properly included, the Place Photo is shown.  Otherwise, a Place Pin icon is shown.

Screenshot_20170421-071258.png

It  is the same for my Android 6 and Android 7.1.1 device.

Level 9

Ya @YK1001 I am facing the issue in Android also.. Are we only the persons facing these issues.

Level 9

Hi @Andras_H thanks for your info but it's for full feature of the Google Maps.

"To use the full Google Maps with 3D imagery and Earth view, you need the latest version of one of these browsers:"

I am facing the same issue in Android also. I haven't yet tried in other browser will try that also.

Level 8

Hi @MadanKPradhan,

I don't think we are so special.  

LGs are busy applying for #LGSummit17 at the moment.  I am sure people will discover the same sooner or later.

Level 9

Ya @YK1001 busy time for the Local Guides applying for the submit as the deadline is near.. :). Let me tag some of the GM's @TraciC @Corrie @JessicaS @BellaWi @GusMoreira

Level 9

Any update about this issue @TraciC @CorrieD @JessicaS @BellaW @GusM

Former Google Contributor

@MadanKPradhan @YK1001 You mention no link for a recently added place, could that be because it hasn't been approved yet? Can you confirm that links work for places that already existed that you made edits to and places that you added that have been approved?

Can you also please report this as a potential bug in Google Maps itself? https://support.google.com/mymaps/answer/3024974