GaryFunk's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New business addition.. NOT APPLIED

I have tried many times to add this new business and it's always denied.

Why does this happen?

Capture.PNG

Denver, CO, United States
12 comments
Level 10

Re: New business addition.. NOT APPLIED

@GaryFunk wrote:

I have tried many times to add this new business and it's always denied.

Why does this happen?

Capture.PNG

Hi @GaryFunk could be many reasons:

• a place with a similar name already in the area
  • a claimed place on the same address
  • many others

Please, try add as many details you can and, if you can, use android and add a photo WHILE at the venue, ensuring you have GPS enabled.

If all of these not apply, maybe you are simply a victim of the last algorithm update: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Forever-Not-Applied/m-p/546337/h...

Level 8

I did everything you suggested. There was a prior business there and it is marked as Closed. I added very detailed information including photos of the name, hours, signage and every little detail possible. It's still denied with no way to bring this to Google's attention. This happens on so many places I have added. 

What has to happen to have Google let us flag this for human review?

Level 10

Level 8

Yes it does. I read that a few days ago and it seems nine days is sufficient to come back with some type of an answer. But nothing said and nothing improved.

Level 8

@LucioV  this is the second time I attempt to thank you for sharing your knowledge & experience.

And it crashes...

Level 7

The gas station in my neighborhood changed from U Gas to Mobil and they refuse to change it, just like your problem. I've provided store number, photos, website, etc. I don't understand why they don't believe me.

Level 7

That approved several edits within minutes today. Those were places they wanted me to check out though.

Level 8

The issue I am having today is actually not the same.  @StLouisBill

The issue you are having I had earlier this week i.e., a change of name & ownership, same category of business.

I finally figured out and recommended that the new business owner contact the previously existing business owner and ask them to release the address as "business closed" as I had report it on Google Maps: "Permanently Closed" 

This was the only way I could finally place the creation successfully.

@StLouisBill   I hope the above scenario helps you resolve your challen 🧚‍♀️

This new challenge I have now has a two fold issue a) An existing business had downsized and a new business, different category, took over the storefront segment the existing business had freed-up. 

However, the new storefront did not have a dedicated street address.

The Fire Department then had to assign a storefront number to the newly freed-up segment in order to complete the dedicated street address for the new business.

Thankfully, they expedited the process and the new business was assigned a subsequent storefront number and I recommended they placed a temporary paper sign with the newly assign number; while the new business receives the wooden numbers which will comply with the historic town ordinances..

I will have to contact the Fire Department to follow up and make sure that they have completed the recording of the process on the public logs so that Google Maps recognizes the place creation complete street address. e.g., 123 xyz Street. 

b) the second sub-issue I am having with the above place creation is the typo in the existing category or inability to create a new category for the new specialty business. 

I wish google Maps would allow proven LGs to go back into a Pending or not approved place creation to edit the fields.

@Atsukot   @GusMoreira  @BruceDM 

Level 8

@StLouisBill   What do you mean by "Those were places they wanted me to check out"?

Who wanted you to check?