HansPG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My frustration

I put time and effort making edits and additions that would be useful for users of GM, and while a large fraction of them are approved, too many of them are not — often automatically.  That means that the time and effort I spent was wasted, which I find increasingly frustrating.  The vast majority of those rejected were accurate — I won't say all, as I will admit to being fallible, but well over 90% — and the rejection rate seems to be climbing.  

THe types of changes that seem to be rejected more frequently are additions for which I include as much information as is available (except I've stopped including hours, as they're too time consuming to bother with given the rate of rejection) and websites, especially if they're faceplace pages.  I'm not a fan of faceplace myself, but a lot of businesses use it for their website.  Just about every category has been rejected.  Frankly, I'm increasingly tired of it.  I can waste my time in more productive, or at least more interesting ways, such as finishing Simenon's 'La Première enquête de Maigret' that I got for Christmas, and I want to get to 'Histoire d'une Âme' and 'Pour en finir le Moyen Âge' (both excellent in translation and reportedly even better in the original).  Google needs to step up its game.

So in addition to the improved confidence in reliable LGs, there should also be a way to appeal rejected edits and additions.  That would help reduce the real sense that Google doesn't value the time and effort of LGs.