sayanh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My edits are 100% correct after consulting with other local guides and still my edits are getting de

I am trying to edit and help local business by origins the curvy phone numbers inputting their location on the map from being in the middle of the street to their proper location and I am doing the same for **####** nursing homes find and hospitals to but each and every time I do this Google denies my edits even though it's correct this is very frustrating this didn't used to happen a year before I contribute so much for this type of denies?Screenshot_2018-01-21-12-45-12-237_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My edits are 100% correct after consulting with other local guides and still my edits are gettin

Hi @sayanh thanks for posting your question. Some places like hospitals and medical centres cannot be edited by Local Guides so this is likely the problem you are facing. Instead use the Send Feedback feature within the App and report a problem with the Map highlighting the place you think needs to be changed.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Re: My edits are 100% correct after consulting with other local guides and still my edits are gettin

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hi @sayanh thanks for posting your question. Some places like hospitals and medical centres cannot be edited by Local Guides so this is likely the problem you are facing. Instead use the Send Feedback feature within the App and report a problem with the Map highlighting the place you think needs to be changed.

Regards Paul

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Regards Paul

@PaulPavlinovich I have tried the send feedback feature but no restores still not applied and this not only happens with hospitals this also happens with local shops girls and businesses, I think Google has designated me as a spammer if you can forward this issue to the maps technical team then it would be very help full I am trying to edit duplicate, spam business where the business contains tons and tons of fake reviews which fools customers and hurt legit businesses, these fake business's don't even have a physical existence I have myself went to the address and checked for it!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @sayanh, take a look at this post. It explains why edit status can be not applied or pending. 

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Some places like hospitals and medical centres cannot be edited by Local Guides so this is likely the problem you are facing

I am not sure, @PaulPavlinovich. I have successfully edited (and even added new) hospitals or medical POI's. 

On the other hand, I have also noticed "periods" when ALL my edits (no matter what kind) were automatically denied suddenly. By "sudden", I mean so sudden that during an editing session, dozens of edits were "auto"approved up to a certain point when they immediately got "auto"rejected. 

Certainly algorithms change all the time and also one may be editing at a pace that triggers an automated block after a while so I did not escalate back then but anything may happen.

Connect Moderator

@Csaba wrote:

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Some places like hospitals and medical centres cannot be edited by Local Guides so this is likely the problem you are facing

I am not sure, @PaulPavlinovich. I have successfully edited (and even added new) hospitals or medical POI's. 

It probably depends if a LG added it in the first place or if Google did @Csaba that would be my assumption.

Regards Paul

Level 10

That may be the case, @PaulPavlinovich

Level 8

I don't know what's the case I think Google's algorithm had marked me permanently as a spammer which I am not and I am really depressed and disappointed with this I have done so much for Google maps I used roam around in the stress till 3-4 am verifying editing and adding photos to places this feels very bad.