AlaminBD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Motivational gifts

Google authority should introduce gifts to motivate local guides of a certain level as people are working hard for its development.

Cantonment, Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
22 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Motivational gifts

Hi @AlaminBD the perks that get announced from time to time usually are available to most active Local Guides.

In recent time's the sorts of perks we've seen are

• Three months free access to Google Play Music and YouTube Red
  • Three month online subscription to a world renowned newspaper
  • Buy one get one free stays in accomodation
  • Travel discounts

As I mentioned in my other post keep an eye out for announcements from Googlers, usually in the General Discussion board.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @AlaminBD this happens now in the form of perks. Mostly they are online but from time to time they are physical. Of course the very best motivator is the Local Guides Summit where Google pay for travel, visa, hotel and food for you to come and join in the fun in San Francisco. To be invited to the Summit you need to be seen as a positive warm friendly helpful contributor here on Connect and be a good quality Local Guide in Maps submitting top notch reviews, contributing edits, and photos/videos. Keep an eye out for the 2018 announcement in the early part of next year.

Regards Paul

Level 6

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich for your prompt feedback. These info was unknown to me.Initiatives like these will definitely motivate the local guides. I am sure top level local guides will be entertained with these perks. At the same time I wish google maps authority will also introduce some small gift as token of motivation to the mid range local guides.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @AlaminBD the perks that get announced from time to time usually are available to most active Local Guides.

• Travel discounts

As I mentioned in my other post keep an eye out for announcements from Googlers, usually in the General Discussion board.

Regards Paul

Level 6

Ok thanks @PaulPavlinovich for your feedback. I got my answer I was looking for !

Level 2

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

• Travel discounts

Regards Paul

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

• Travel discounts

Regards Paul

Level 10

Helping make the world a better place, via detailed mapping, is reward in and of itself... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulPavlinovich that's great but hardworker Local Guides are expecting special gifts from Google Maps such as free Google Maps browsing/using, DSLR camera, best pixel cameras etc 😊 hope Google Local Guides Support will also think about it

Level 10

Ah well, I could also imagine a pixel book but last time I asked, I was told that I wouldn't get one. 😉

Such is life... I guess I need to step forward.

Level 5

Never knew there was anything like this... just did it for the love of it tho.