iluvsporks's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

More points for adding 360 pictures?

Would anyone know where to post or email requests to Google about the points given? I see significantly more hits on the 360 pictures I upload compared to the regular pics but the 360 pics are kind of a pain to not only shoot but upload. They are currently worth the same amount as a regular picture and it would be nice if they were worth a couple more just to make it feel worthwhile. Anyone else feel the same way? 

Torrance, CA, USA
4 comments
Level 9

Re: More points for adding 360 pictures?

@iluvsporks wrote:

Would anyone know where to post or email requests to Google about the points given? I see significantly more hits on the 360 pictures I upload compared to the regular pics but the 360 pics are kind of a pain to not only shoot but upload. They are currently worth the same amount as a regular picture and it would be nice if they were worth a couple more just to make it feel worthwhile. Anyone else feel the same way? 

Hi @iluvsporks,

This is the best board for posting your idea and feature request. 

There are many other thread about this request, you can find them through search bar. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Viite: More points for adding 360 pictures?

@iluvsporks kirjoitti:

I have tought that myself too, but local guides program is probably developed to fill that missing POI information on google maps, while not touching the 360 side at all. Google has tried to keep the street view as high quality as possible (it is probably part of their brand) and that's why the trusted level has been quite difficult to reach. Encouraging everyone to shoot 360 for extra points would produce a lot of not so well created results. Currently I shoot streetview with gear 360 and it is so fast (and suprisingly bad quality) so I don't see reason for giving extra points.

Level 7

Viite: More points for adding 360 pictures?

True it is much quicker with the 360 as I'm using that myself but there are other things to factor in like now there is more faces and license plates to edit out and don't forget you have to find somewhere to hide in crouch behind so you're not caught in the picture LOL. It's nothing I'm pushing for with a vengeance,  it was just a thought that I wanted post

Level 9

Re: More points for adding 360 pictures?

@iluvsporks

Definitely this shoils be considered . 

As a video of 30 seconds gets 7 points . 

360 photo should get 15 points .

And approval of video and photos should involve some artificial intelligence to avoid duplication and repeated shots of same points 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#