Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

More levels LG

Hey, I think it's time to move LG and enable new Levels 5 -10. Because what one has to motivate when 5 level? Definitely here for expansion levels. I wanted to suggest to # LGSummit16

55 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: More levels LG

Personally rather than new levels I would rather have a more personalized goals, like to get badges and stuff. Example - Write reviews for 50 burger joints. Submit photos of 20 fast food restaurants, etc.

With levels people are always going to crave more once it's achieved. There will be no end.

Level 9

Nice idea Ivan. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iyudhi
and what will therefore collect points after 5 level? What is the motivation to do well? I met here that was repeated after reaching 1TB drive people out of the program ended in ... :-(((

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous If people are just reviewing or contributing to Maps solely just because of the tangible benefit (1 TB Google Drive, level increase), they're not doing it for the right reason anyway. Perhaps I'm being a bit too idealistic, but the benefit for doing this is that in the long term everyone will have better information that they can rely on. It's something that you won't be able to see right away.

But I do agree it might be hard to get people motivated without tangible benefits. I think the idea now is to find the balance so contribution progress can be sustainable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

so therefore I put 1TB reward after reaching level 5 🙂
The fact that this is a reward for two years. And then what. It will give some renew? for a certain number of points?

Level 10

In my case, I do this because I have been loving google since I have memory, I have been knowing my country throughout maps, now that I can add info by myself and share my experience with all the world, I'm excited.

Look for the benefit to the people around the world.

😄
Level 10

I'd like to see more badges 😛

From Saint Petersburg with ♥ | Russia Local Guides Russian Language Thread

Level 8

Achievements are better than levels only.

People like new bagdes, new goals - points and levels are booooring.

My ideas for badges (many badges in each category):

- upload (X) photos for different places 

- your photos have (X) views (globally)

- your best photo has (X) views

- submit (X) reviews (and here you can make subcategories for restaurant, historical places, monuments etc.)

- change (X) opening hours

- change (X) POI's

- visit (X) cities

Map TC, Gmail TC, Chrome RS, Map RER/RL (retired), LG L8, G+ Community Moderator
Level 10

There is no need for further levels.

I think the five levels are pretty good to get known to the functions of Maps which are needed to participate as a Local Guide.
In my opinion the people are Local Guides to make the userexperience for others and them better. For that reason there is no need for other levels.

Boris Gonschorek