Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: More levels LG

For me, it's 2 fold. I enjoy the aspect of improving maps, especially in more remote areas as that is where I like to travel. But I also enjoy the reward system of "only 55 points till level 5!"

As it stands, I'm a handful of points from max level and kinda dreading it. Yes, I will continue to add and improve Maps after I hit 5 since I use GMaps EVERY SINGLE DAY! It benefits me and others to continue adding and improving this. But I also wish I had more levels to reach. 

That being said, I need to review the badges as thats my next place to level up and satisfy my inner gamer. I would love to see badges/points/rewards for things like visiting every historic site in a city, visiting new cities & countries, adding X number of new (verified) locations... One of my greatest joys in the LG program has been adding hiking trails not previously listed! In fact next weekend a friend and I are taking a hike with the intention of adding the trail to GM. 

I tried Pokemon Go for a bit (don't laugh) but honestly I see more potential in LG for addictive nature. Plus the whole aspect of it actually benefits people, not kust a time suck... 

Level 6

Malasya nya mana mas 😄

Level 10

@River_Wilde Have fun crossing Level 5. I was dreading it, too, but I ended up finding a lot of cool stuff to satisfy my inner gamer. Get 50 photospheres to qualify for being a trusted street view photographer with a badge, and try to get a million views on your photos. Those are my recommendations for your next goals.

Level 10

And @River_Wilde, I totally agree. This is way better than Pokemon Go. Or ingress.

Level 7

Pokemon was only fun until I realized how much time I was wasting. I would really love to see GMaps turned into something akin to it though. Poke Go was great for getting people out of their house to be active. Google could have a similar program going! Achievements for visiting historical landmarks, local hot spots, sponsored stores, street art, parks... Help get people out of the house and moving! 

Level 10

That's a really cool idea, @River_Wilde . Google Maps would make a great Pokemon-like game.

Level 10

How do you further gamify making constructive edits and additions to Google Maps?

Level 9

All our wishes granted with the new update. pfft I;ll have to reach level 10 to complain again!

Level 7

excuse me , can i join????

nice to see you, i,m from indonesia.. 🙂

Level 8

monggo mas @indrawanto147

| Indonesia Local Guides | SVTP | Work-Study-Holiday | Yogyakarta Local Guides | Nunukan Local Guides | Jakarta Local Guides |