ChinmayMohanta's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Monetization in google maps

We local guides are helping millions of people on google maps by giving useful reviews, lots of information by posting photos and videos. And also giving reply of asked questions.

We are continuously trying to develop google maps and trying to make it pure and accurate.

But, google does not gives a penny. It is very shame to our effort. We are developing them by our effort, but they have not a little bit sympathy to us. 

If moneitization takes place in google maps to the certified or high leveled local guides (as like youtube), we will try our best to increase our efficiency and also correctness/purity of google maps. Thank U

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
10 comments
Level 9

Re: Monetization in google maps

@ChinmayMohanta

As already mentioned in many thread lg program not for money. Google search is free around the world, map also free of cost. Okay leave search focus on map. In any tinny problem why you remember map? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

I agree with you.

Google should also enable monetization in local guides map photos & videos. Hope for the same. 

Level 9

@ChinmayMohanta thanks for sharing your idia

Ranjan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ChinmayMohanta. I see you are really high up the LG ladder. However I'll just remind you of a little something that you signed when you joined the program, and something you can still see in the program rules. The Local Guides program is a volunteer activity and Local Guides cannot expect to get any form of payment from Google, it's actually illegal to try to profit from this program and it may even get an account suspended. But i've seen Google offer perks to Local Guides in the past, not payment though but more like an incentive. There are other ways to earn through Google like the Trusted street View Photographer, or GMB, etc Just not by being a Local Guide. 

Cheers. 

Level 8

@ChinmayMohanta wrote:

We local guides are helping millions of people on google maps by giving useful reviews, lots of information by posting photos and videos. And also giving reply of asked questions.

We are continuously trying to develop google maps and trying to make it pure and accurate.

But, google does not gives a penny. It is very shame to our effort. We are developing them by our effort, but they have not a little bit sympathy to us. 

If moneitization takes place in google maps to the certified or high leveled local guides (as like youtube), we will try our best to increase our efficiency and also correctness/purity of google maps. Thank U

Incentivisation modes are available in various modes

D.Bhuyan
Connect Moderator

It sounds strange for me to read that you support this idea @Dbhuyan, mostly because you applied for Connect Live '18.

I think you should check again the program rules

Level 8

@ErmesT wrote:

It sounds strange for me to read that you support this idea @Dbhuyan, mostly because you applied for Connect Live '18.

I think you should check again the program rules

Sorry, mistakes in my understanding and typing in a wrong thread

D.Bhuyan
Level 8

Sorry for the mistake in typing to a wrong thread

D.Bhuyan
Level 6

I also support your views. At least some benefit should be extended to the contributors according to their merit.