KiranPradhan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Missing points/synchronisation problem.

Sire, if anybody is listening to me then please pay attention.... I have been contributing to the map marking community for almost 3 years from now but I did not notice this problem but now when it came to my notice I could not stop myself from asking you. Please Read my query and please serve me JUSTICE.

So, As per the Link Here I am a Level 6 Local Guide but I should have been more. The Problem is with the map point allocating servers I guess.

Here is my screenshot of my work.Not Awarded for my  contribution and hardworkNot Awarded for my contribution and hardwork

According to this screenshot, I Have:

Reviews : 258 x 5   = 1290

Ratings : 1 x 1        = 1

Photos  :  125 x 5   = 625

Edits     : 695 x 5    = 6475

Places Added : 2445 x 15 =

Added : 2445 x 15  = 36675

Facts Checked 198 x 1 =

Checked:   198 x 1 = 198

Total Points I get is 45,264 but I have only been awarded 3722.

Why Such Injustice ???

@JeslynL May be you could be of some help to me ??? Please Help. I dont want to quit like this... in fact i would never want to quit.

Rayagada, Odisha, India
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Missing points/synchronisation problem.

Hello @KiranPradhan, you are already awarded points for ratings. The points you earn from rating a place are taken into the points of reviews. When you publish a review, you will find that you are awarded 6 points - 5 points for the review, 1 point for rating. Does this help you understand better? 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Hi @KiranPradhan, thanks for mentioning me, I'm happy to explain this to you. 🙂

Before anything, I'd like to note that the contributions profile on your Google Maps app shows the number of contributions while on Google Maps on desktop shows the number of points.

The great news is that you are awarded points as you should have been; you are not missing any points. As noted in the screenshot you shared, your contributions profile on Google Maps on desktop is showing the number of points for each type of contributions, instead of the number of contributions

You can verify this against your contributions profile on your Google Maps app. On the Maps app, it shows the number of contributions you have for each type. If you multiply the numbers you see on the Maps app by the number of points for each type of contribution, i.e.

Reviews: 43 x 6  = 258 (For every review, you have to give a rating before the review can be posted. Therefore, those ratings that you gave with a review are taken into the count of number of reviews — and points are awarded accordingly [5 points for 1 review, 1 point for the rating. So for each review you share, you get 6 points].)

Ratings: 1 x 1 = 1

Photos: 25 x 5 = 125

Answers: 0 x 1 = 0

Edits: 139 x 5 = 695

Places added : 163 x 15 = 2445

Facts Checked 198 x 1 = 198

Total = 3772

You can see that the number of points here is the reflected accordingly in the screenshot you shared. 

Hope this clarifies! Keep contributing 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

@JeslynL Thank you that was an amazing explanation, What is the procedure of rating I am Unable to give a rating to a place is there any psge i can read to know all the details regarding that ???

Regards,

Kiran

Hi @KiranPradhan, I'm not too sure I'm following. Can you explain "What is the procedure of rating I am Unable to give a rating to a place is there any psge i can read to know all the details regarding that ???" a little bit more?

Level 7

@JeslynLWhen you refer to the aforemenioned photo that i had attached to the post in there you will find that i Have got One Point for rating  dont know how i got that. Where can i earn points for giving ratings ???

Solution

Hello @KiranPradhan, you are already awarded points for ratings. The points you earn from rating a place are taken into the points of reviews. When you publish a review, you will find that you are awarded 6 points - 5 points for the review, 1 point for rating. Does this help you understand better? 

Level 8

I got 5050 photos but just with 6055 points.

Shouldn't I have 5050x5 = 25250 points?

Or it's already 1010 photos x5 = 5050 points?

The notation should be put on.

BTW, my points are keeping dropped.

Where can I found if I have photo been removed?

mismatched points and contribution (esp. photos)mismatched points and contribution (esp. photos)

Level 7

Now I Dont Understand @JeslynL What Could Be his problem be ! Please help @HuangJS If Anything he might need.