zcnvs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Mismatched Points

The Maps App and the Maps website are showing different amounts for editable criteria. I.e, The app says I have only added 60 places whereas the website says 900. (See Screenshots) Obviously the differences in edits have a drastic difference

s to whether the points totals is correct. Any Ideas?Mobile App (Android)Mobile App (Android)Desktop (Chrome on WIN 10)Desktop (Chrome on WIN 10)

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Mismatched Points

Hi @zcnvs, there is no mismatch, because on mobile you see the total number of contributions and, on desktop, the total number of points per type of contribution.

So, in your case, you have added 60 places. Each place added earns you 15 points. 60x15 equals 900, which is the amount you see on desktop. 

I hope this solves your question 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 9

I always track the mobile app and trust that not the desktop because it has a lag that can be as much as a day or so to catch up. Especially if you work on a number of updates in one area.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @zcnvs, there is no mismatch, because on mobile you see the total number of contributions and, on desktop, the total number of points per type of contribution.

So, in your case, you have added 60 places. Each place added earns you 15 points. 60x15 equals 900, which is the amount you see on desktop. 

I hope this solves your question 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.