Christine_T's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Meet-Up event time different than when applied

Hi!
I just got the approval for my event Iwate Veggie Guide vol. 2 and I noticed that the start time is nowhere near the time I put in when I applied.
If you read the text you can see but I applied for the event to go from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm but for some reason, the start time, once it was approved, was suddenly 8:00 pm.
It could have been my mistake but I'm positive that I properly set the start time.

@HiroyukiTakisawa had the similar problem with one of his events before.
(You can see the exchange here)

Has anyone else had this problem?

I know there is no way to fix my event now other than to make an announcement on the event page but if it is an error with the system then hopefully you can find a way to fix it for people holding meet-ups in the future. 🙂

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Meet-Up event time different than when applied

Hi @Christine_T, sorry for the trouble you had setting the start time of the meet-up. You are correct that you cannot edit your event once it has been approved. Please communicate with participants about the start time using your meet-up post.

I wanted to reproduce the problem, so I submitted a meet-up with the same time (12:30-3pm), date (5/27) and location (Japan), and I was able to submit it successfully

Next time when you or @HiroyukiTakisawa submit a meet-up, please take a screenshot before you submit it. If you have the same problem again, please share the screenshot with me and let me know. Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Christine_T, sorry for the trouble you had setting the start time of the meet-up. You are correct that you cannot edit your event once it has been approved. Please communicate with participants about the start time using your meet-up post.

I wanted to reproduce the problem, so I submitted a meet-up with the same time (12:30-3pm), date (5/27) and location (Japan), and I was able to submit it successfully

Next time when you or @HiroyukiTakisawa submit a meet-up, please take a screenshot before you submit it. If you have the same problem again, please share the screenshot with me and let me know. Thank you so much!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Atsukot

I and @Christine_T will do it 🙂

Level 6

Hi Christine nice to meet you, I invite you to watch my video in youtube about me as a Local Guide - Clic here to check it i hope you like my introduce. 

😉 hey if you have you video in youtube share with me the link. It's amazing connect with u as a Local Guide.

Level 7

Thank you @Atsukot!

Next time we set up an event we will definitely try taking a picture.

Level 7

Hey @JhoanManuel,
Thanks for your reply. Meeting new people is always a pleasure. 🙂
This was a board about a technical problem I had with scheduling a meetup.
If you have a youtube video introducing yourself, I definitely suggest adding it to a self-introduction on the Introduce Yourself -2018 board in the General Discussion section.

Happy Connecting!