UmangA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Meet-Up Souvenirs

Hi @JeroenM,

It is just the pricinpal that we need to bare in mind when we are organizing our activities.  Of course it is down to the very details of the materials if there are any chance of misleading or not.

But if we have to wait for Google to release something that is universal save to use all over the whole, that will take time - and I suspect very long time.

I always remind myself:  when interacting with fellow LGs or Business owner/operators, it is how I use the materials that will give them certain impression.  So how the material is used is much more important.

If we always want some means to prove our identify - that is the worrying thought to me.

Level 8

Re: Meet-Up Souvenirs

@YK1001

I appreciate all you are saying.

It is not an easy thing to tackle, and I guess it kind of comes with the territory of a program like the LG program. On the one hand we are volunteers and did sign up to a program with rules and terms and conditions. This means there is a formal relationship between Local Guides and Google, that cannot be denied. On the other hand, because unknowing people do not expect volunteers to walk around town and take photos and talk to businesses about a Map product of a well known corporation, it is difficult to "correct" their assumptions. Personally, I think that partnerships with local organisations could be a solution to this problem. And by that I mean, the perspective changes as soon as I walk into a shop as part of a campaign by my local tourist board or chamber of commerce to update Google Maps. People directly understand you do this for your local community and not for necessary for Google.

@UmangA

I do apologise, because I feel like we have hijack you original post and gone off topic. 

Echoing previous comments that it would be difficult for Google to fulfil your wish and the fact that we should not necessarily expect anything, your topic is really a marketing one. I guess as organiser of your own meet-ups you shall have to be creative to attract your participants. If you are convinced that souvenirs are a very effective incentive to attract participants in your area, you should of course try it out and find a way to get some.

Perhaps it would be achievable for the LG Team to provide us with art-work that allows also to produce a "souvenir" locally. A consideration could be to allow for a logo from a sponsor of a certain meet-up? All around the world are print-shops that print your custom design coffee-cups, mouse-pads, etc. If we could work with an approved template and clear limitations how we are allowed to use it, would there be any problems with this?