Wael's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Maximizing the benefits of Local Guides

I suggest Maps maximize the benefits from Local Guides. 

There could be more than earning levels and badges.

For example:

1. Maps should automatically offer to connect local guides of neighborhoods. I am positive working together will motivate and help each other to do more in making their local area better on maps. 

2. Local guides should have tasks or assignments to accept to take. For example, Maps should post to local guides from a certain area to fulfill a certain task in due time. It is up to Local Guides to accept the task. This could also be used to verify certain important findings as detours, new roads, road closures, etc. Things that will greatly influence navigation.

I also suggest that Maps recognize that navigating to home or work, has to be different from navigating to new places. The choice of what to navigate and how to announce reaching work or home has to be different. It doesn't make sense that navigation keeps directing me till going in the gate, of work and home. I guess Maps should know that I only need to choose among different roads, rather than not knowing how to get there.

Maadi, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Maximizing the benefits of Local Guides

Salamo Alaykom @Wael

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I'm Marwan Al-Tawansy, also a local guide (Level 😎 from Egypt, Cairo, Mokattam.

Regarding connecting with other Local Guides
You can find our Google + community, please join and share your experience 🙂
Egypt Local Guides

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)