Tweebs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mark map edit as abuse?

Is there a way to mark map edits as abuse? We recently had a grocery store open near where I live. Weeks before it opened, local users kept submitting it as open, maybe for the points? I kept marking it as closed because people were asking why it was on maps if it wasn't actually open yet. Is there a way to mark certain map edits as abuse?

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Mark map edit as abuse?

I found the solution while looking for help to another topic:

Report spam or bad data

Spam is any illegal, offensive, fraudulent or malicious data on Maps. Any Google Maps user (including Local Guides) found to be involved in spam will be banned from editing.

Bad data adds no value to Maps. This data can be a duplicate, a feature with wrong information, and so on.

To report spam or abuse on Google Maps, send feedback via the mobile app.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@Tweebs

I'm confused with your post and can't decide it is open or not. Is this shop still in business? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

It opened today. It was added to Google Maps by other users three times before today. So I marked it as closed each time, until today when it was added again.

Level 10
Solution

I found the solution while looking for help to another topic:

Report spam or bad data

Spam is any illegal, offensive, fraudulent or malicious data on Maps. Any Google Maps user (including Local Guides) found to be involved in spam will be banned from editing.

Bad data adds no value to Maps. This data can be a duplicate, a feature with wrong information, and so on.

To report spam or abuse on Google Maps, send feedback via the mobile app.

Level 9

@Tweebs wrote:

It opened today. It was added to Google Maps by other users three times before today. So I marked it as closed each time, until today when it was added again.

I apologize but you're still unable to explain. You're not answering my question. Please answer in simple way. 

1. How many listings are there for that POI? 
  2. Is it open today? 

Good to know you found the solution but keep in mind feedback section is only for the problems which can not be edit through suggest an edit section. 

Best regards 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

There were 4 listings for the grocery store. It is open today.

The amount of listings doesn't matter though. I found the answer I need anyway. But thanks for taking a look. Sorry if I was confusing.