Ahmed_Taha's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Map maker no more available

I live in a growing country, there is new roads and extensions, I would like to help others by updating these new roads that save time and effort, for example I went to new Dakar airport using google map direction, but in my return I found a new road better and shorter than that exist on google map, and till now this new road not recorded as a road in google map although this is the official new road and more secure than the suggested. I would like to know if there is tool to modify the road especially Map Maker is not available.

Blaise Diagne International Airport, Mbour, Thiès Region, Senegal
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Map maker no more available

It is likely as time goes on more edit abilities will come to the Maps app. However its unlikely that a full general tool like MapMaker will make an appearance. There were issues particularly in some communities with people inappropriately using MapMaker that spoiled it for everyone.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Level 7

No there are no tools like Map Maker.  Google will do edits that we request, if they can verify that the edits are correct.  These instructions tell you how to ask Google to make road edits:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088

Level 7

I think a tool like mapmaker that lets you draw roads and paths should be added in

Connect Moderator
Solution

It is likely as time goes on more edit abilities will come to the Maps app. However its unlikely that a full general tool like MapMaker will make an appearance. There were issues particularly in some communities with people inappropriately using MapMaker that spoiled it for everyone.

Regards Paul