Jesi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Make Temporary Changes

There are times where stores don't open for some time because of vacation, repairs, disinfection, or other reasons. Sometimes stores also open on a different time for some days or weeks, because of festivals for example. The current ways Local Guides can let people know of these changes are the following:

• Uploading a photo of the sign that informs of the change and hoping it's seen.
  • Writing it on a review and hope everyone thinking of going reads it.
  • Editing the opening times, but by the time the edit is approved the store has already gone back to it's regular opening times. Also, if the store is not opening at all for a week or more, it isn't possible to do it this way, unless you change the times again before the week ends, which is very inconvenient.

The Business Owners can also let people know by posting it on their Google+ account or editing the times, maybe they are already able to make temporary changes but I wouldn't know. Even though making these changes was easy for them, there are a lot of places that don't have a verified owner or places that do but the owners don't keep it updated. Because of these reasons I think that is important that Local Guides are able to make these changes as well, in a simple way.

I think that Maps should let people make temporary changes, at least regarding the opening times and whether it's closed. The days from and until the changes are made should be specified.

This isn't as important and maybe too technical, but I will share these ideas about how I picture it done, in case it helps: I think that the reason of the temporary change could be specified as well and showed in the same way Maps let's you know a place may be closed because of a holiday (in Orange letters to make sure people see it). The reason could be chosen from a dropdown menu and people who aren't the owners could upload a photo at the moment of creating the temporary change to help verify it.

Thank you for reading! I hope this feature can be taken into account as I think it would be pretty useful.

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Make Temporary Changes

Hey @GeorgesHR! Do you think that this feature is plausible? I would love to have it on Maps. 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Jesi,

Thanks for taking the time to describe your idea. We appreciate well described ideas and feedback.

I believe your idea is especially viable during summer time when a lot of people take vacations and are gone for months.  Just today I went to a private grocery store in hopes to get some grapes. I was greeted by a sign that said - We are out for the month of August. No grapes for me....

Anyway, so just to summarize:

You are suggesting a feature that allows Local Guides to submit temporary information that explains the working time during a vacation period?

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

@GeorgesHR wrote:

Hey @Jesi,

Thanks for taking the time to describe your idea. We appreciate well described ideas and feedback.

I believe your idea is especially viable during summer time when a lot of people take vacations and are gone for months.  Just today I went to a private grocery store in hopes to get some grapes. I was greeted by a sign that said - We are out for the month of August. No grapes for me....

Anyway, so just to summarize:

You are suggesting a feature that allows Local Guides to submit temporary information that explains the working time during a vacation period?

Yes, exactly! Maybe to use in other situations as well but it would be the same functionality.

Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Jesi,

Great, thanks for the suggestion. I will make sure it reaches the appropriate people.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators