JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Major spamming going on

Is any moderator available at the moment? There is major spamming going on for over an hour now - level 1 profiles posting links for PDF downloads. @GeorgesHR @FelipePK @MarinSt

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Major spamming going on

Hey @JanVanHaver,

We are aware. Thanks for letting us know.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

New profiles are getting created all the time, every 30 minutes or so. Just go through the list of recent posts and you will see loads of the beginning with 'PDF'

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Solution

Hey @JanVanHaver,

We are aware. Thanks for letting us know.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

Bonus question @GeorgesHR @ErmesT: I started out this morning by using the 'report inappropriate content' feature on quite a few of these posts. Is doing this on multiple, similar posts helpful to the moderators or in fact causing more work to process all of those notifications?

Connect Moderator

Hey @JanVanHaver,

Generally is helpful yes. We sometimes happen to miss some of the spam that comes in, but in this case the team saw the whole spam activity and managed to deal with it on time.

Connect Moderator

Looks like it started all over again @GeorgesHR @ErmesT

Connect Moderator