BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

MACRO issues - hyperlink needed

Sometimes ago I had red a post by @AnuradhaP about using MACROS while commenting on local guide connect and many thanks to him for letting me know about using it.

As I tried to use macro the hyperlinks that I used in the content didn't appear in the comment. So any kind of redirection to the another post was not possible. This prevent us to make a good reply. 

Using Macros in mobile is quite helpful to reply common tyoe of issues on connect like sharing the tips for beginners etc. So it would be better if this property is added to the macros. 

Not being a techno geek I have no idea about its viability. Thank you so much.

Nepal
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: MACRO issues - hyperlink needed

@BishowvijayaP Direct copying will not work. You can create a post in normal editor and then go to the HTML section and copy that code and paste it in the macro. 

There are three options above the text box. "Rich Text", "HTML" and "Preview". Create what you want to add as a Macro in the "Rich Text" editor. Then go to the "HTML" tab and copy the code and paste it to the Macro.

I hope this will provide the solution for your issue.

View solution in original post

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP Can you give me an example? I will show you how to do it. I am using few macros with hyperlinks. 

Level 10

@AnuradhaP I have one macro that I am going to use here to display. It is about how to host meetups.

Happy to see you guiding the world around you. Did you host any meetups? If not then please click here to know about how to conduct meetup. After you come up with specific plan then click here to apply for hosting the meetup. Also find the unofficial local guide communities from here to find other other fellows nearby you.

There were hyperlinks in 'click here' part of the post but they are not appearing. 

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP Please post the hyper link here or send as a PM. I will send the correct code for Macro. Please see the following sample Macro text, where I used hyper link.

Please read<span> </span><a href="https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/">the rules</a><span> </span>of the Local Guides program.

Level 10

The above comment with hyperlink is like this:

Hello X, it's pleasure to see you guiding the world around you. Did you host any meetups before? If not then please click here to know about how to conduct meetup. After you come up with specific plan then click here to apply for hosting the meetup.  Also find the unofficial local guide communities from here to find other other fellows nearby you. 

I made this text while replying one user and then copied & pasted to the macro section. But in your reply I noticed a html code bro @AnuradhaP. Doesn't dircct copying and pasting work with macros? 

I think you will be clear that how I used macros. 🙂

Level 10
Solution

@BishowvijayaP Direct copying will not work. You can create a post in normal editor and then go to the HTML section and copy that code and paste it in the macro. 

There are three options above the text box. "Rich Text", "HTML" and "Preview". Create what you want to add as a Macro in the "Rich Text" editor. Then go to the "HTML" tab and copy the code and paste it to the Macro.

I hope this will provide the solution for your issue.

Level 10

<span> </span><a href="https://www.google.com/local/guides/rules/">the rules</a><span> </span>

seeing this link I had realized where I had mistaken and you confirmed my realization now. As the previous post was solution for me but I am selecting the last one as solution as it gives more details.

Thanks a lot bro @AnuradhaP 😃

Level 8

Attempting to create a hyperlink but do not seem to have the HTML option as you can see here:

Screenshot_20180718-033323_Chrome.jpg

I believe this is the Help Board accessed through my Connect Profile and performing a search on hyperlink