mojgan1987's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Lost review

Some of my recent reviews have been lost!

I'm not sure if it is a bug, but I think it happens when I add new photos to an already-reviewed place. Not all the time, but I guess it happens when my rating and reviews are a bit old (and Google asks me once more to rate and add a review, when I do it removes everything even the uploaded pictures).

P.S. I'm pretty sure that I did not violated Google review policies!

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Lost review

Hello @mojgan1987,

Thanks for reaching out!

Well you may be sure you did not violate any rules, but Google Photos and Reviews that don't adhere to Google Maps Contributed Content Policy are subject to removal by our filters. Such items that could be up for removal and or may be marked as private include duplicitous photo uploads or low quality reviews and items copied from other websites. Please take a moment to review your active contributions and ensure that they are high quality and useful contributions to Google Maps.

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Solution

Hello @mojgan1987,

Thanks for reaching out!

Well you may be sure you did not violate any rules, but Google Photos and Reviews that don't adhere to Google Maps Contributed Content Policy are subject to removal by our filters. Such items that could be up for removal and or may be marked as private include duplicitous photo uploads or low quality reviews and items copied from other websites. Please take a moment to review your active contributions and ensure that they are high quality and useful contributions to Google Maps.

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 7

Dear GeorgesHR,

Thanks for your response. Let's imagine that my photos were subject to removal, what happened to my rating? How would ratings violate policies? Although I still insist that my reviews meet Google's policy. 

Mojgan

Hey @mojgan1987,

It is the same case for photos as well. If the photo is removed by our filters, then you loose the points. 

If you make high quality contributions, you should not be worried about losing your points. I made a list of good topics for you that will help you deliver high quality contributions:

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,

Georges

Level 7

Well, I was not worried about my POINTS, if you re-read my messages more carefully, you'd notice that I have not even mentioned this word. I was only worried about my review which was removed. The fact is I had reviewed a restaurant, which I go often. The restaurant's owner asked me why I have removed the review; they highly appreciated it since Local guides have more influence than the others. You could've got the quality of my reviews based on the number of helpfulness they got so far.

I had always thought that Google appreciates our contribution, seems that I was wrong. I will continue my contribution, from now on not for the sake of Google, rather to help people. I have already been mislead by the wrong information that careless people put on Google. I know how does it feel, Side effect Of crowdsoursing. But I will never report any potential bug anymore.

Good luck

Hello @mojgan1987,

I only stated the rules and conditions. Rules are very strict and sometimes a good, long and positive review gets removed by mistake. 

I will contact you with a private message explaining what can be done for your lost reviews to be reinstated.

Best regards,

Georges

Level 8

The main question here is what is a high quality contribution. We are not employers of Google company. We are volunteers helping to the google company. 

I think it is the very right of every local guide to expect from google to set clear standards of which contributions are acceptable which are not. Or you may state that google company may remove any review, without showing any reason. 

Not writing a high quality review, by itself is not in my opinion an appropriate reason.