cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Street View Moderator

Re: Lost more than 600 photos from my contributions just some minutes ago

Hi @LucioV,

thanks for sharing your issue with us!

We have checked your account and everything seems to be ok from that side.

Also we did not get more similar reports so it is pretty hard to troubleshoot the issue without any example.

If anything more comes up we will be happy to look into it.

Thanks,

Vic

Former Google Contributor

@LucioV,

Thanks for sharing - As you already know, contributions may be removed from time to time if they violate our policies and this is why we encourage all Local Guides to submit high quality contributions.  Internal filters pick these items up and I do not have the exact insights into the how or the why with any pictures but what I suggest is that we wait to see if we are receiving other reports like yours in the community and if so, we can certainly investigate further.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

@BruceDM wrote:

@LucioV,

Thanks for sharing - As you already know, contributions may be removed from time to time if they violate our policies and this is why we encourage all Local Guides to submit high quality contributions.  Internal filters pick these items up and I do not have the exact insights into the how or the why with any pictures but what I suggest is that we wait to see if we are receiving other reports like yours in the community and if so, we can certainly investigate further.

Thanks @BruceDM usually contributes that violate rules are de-linked from POI on maps, and this reflects in difference between Uploaded and Published photos count.

In this case, in just few seconds, the Uploaded count decreased of 600 units, so I suspect is something more linked to a counter bug or to the migration process of 360 photos.

I also want to add that today, the published 360 changed and decreased from a stunning 3579 units (that overhelmed the uploaded counter of 3041!!!) to a more realistic 2998.

Thanks for your support, as usual 🙂

Former Google Contributor

@LucioV - You are correct regarding photos that would be taken down from the POI but still visible to you in your contributions tab. Are you are saying that to the best of your knowledge, you still see all (or most) of your contributions present, yet it seems the counter for photos is not accurately represented?  Do you see this for views also by any chance?

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

@BruceDM wrote:

@LucioV - You are correct regarding photos that would be taken down from the POI but still visible to you in your contributions tab. Are you are saying that to the best of your knowledge, you still see all (or most) of your contributions present, yet it seems the counter for photos is not accurately represented?  Do you see this for views also by any chance?

Hi again @BruceDM I can't go back so much to be sure that all the photos are still in my contributes as uploaded, but just this evening found something strange on a tour I made in Kazakhstan; some panos disappeared, but I have track of them on gothru and in tourmake, so I definitely found something missing.

I've already sent this evidence via email so I will avoid to share here to reduce the noise on this issue 🙂

I still hope that this is a counter issue, and not a real deletion of contributes, but having seen view count decreasing (first time I see in more than one year) of more than 50K views, made me think that this is a real deletion issue.

Thanks again!

Lucio

Level 10

Just found something interesting: finally I was able to find some disappeared photos, because I embedded in a post here in connect

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/Some-tests-DSLR-Vs-Ricoh-Theta-S-Vs-Garmin-VIRB-36...

So you can see all the images are not present in SV, and two of them were replaced by another person photos (!!!)

This is so strange, but I hope that using the embed data some Googler could find out what's going on with the photos in this area (hundreds, all disappeared).

Thanks!

Level 10

Usually correct itself over time