Jasper_db's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Losing contribution points

I read that your points can't be deducted from your total unless you add a place with worn info or something along those lines. 

Well, now I was heading for the 300 points when suddenly I lost approximately 30% of all my points. 

How can I lose about 70 or 80 points in 1 day? 

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Losing contribution points

Hi @Jasper_db,

If the points are not lost due to bad content, the second and more common reason is, it is a transient hiccup.

When Google is doing Data Sync across the systems, records in our Local Guides Account might not refresh correctly for some random users.

As I learn from reading the forums, those records will got corrected in a few days automatically.

If you are concerned enough and cannot wait, or when it is not corrected after monitoring for 7days, you can contact LG support team by email.

Please see similar topics in the past few days, we can see reports that records are back to normal for some LG, while some LG still waiting.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Re: Losing contribution points

Hi @Jasper_db,

If the points are not lost due to bad content, the second and more common reason is, it is a transient hiccup.

When Google is doing Data Sync across the systems, records in our Local Guides Account might not refresh correctly for some random users.

As I learn from reading the forums, those records will got corrected in a few days automatically.

If you are concerned enough and cannot wait, or when it is not corrected after monitoring for 7days, you can contact LG support team by email.

Please see similar topics in the past few days, we can see reports that records are back to normal for some LG, while some LG still waiting.