AlMutebi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Looks like the Search Posts by Author is not Working

Wanted to search for posts by some LG but got no results. Even tried myself but got no results. I'm i doing it wrong?

posts by author.png

8 comments
Level 10

Re: Looks like the Search Posts by Author is not Working

@AlMutebi You have click on the authors dropdown(second button from the left) and type the name of the author with out @ sign. This will list all the posts and reply bu that author. If you want find post with some words type it on search box select the author and click search. Hope this will solve your issue.

Level 8

@AnuradhaP if in the picture below is what you mean, i've already done it but with the no results. Thanks though

posts by author2.png

Level 10

@AlMutebi Type something in search box and then select author and try.

Level 8

@AnuradhaP are you suggesting i type a keyword in the search box and then select the author? I think that will just bring results about that keyword and yet what i want is to see all posts by the LG and pick out the one I'm looking for. 

Level 10

@AlMutebi I checked it and it brings posts with that keyword that author has contributed. Please check. I am just doing some research on this. 🙂  

Level 8

@AlMutebi,

The answer to your question is yes, like @AnuradhaP is saying, it only works if you type in something in the keyword field of the search form, as well. Please note, this could be a letter or a very common word that would almost guarantee that all posts by this person are included. Again, not the most user-friendly solution by the makers of Lithium, but at least there is a work around.

Overall the search function of this platform is very poor. Often I get better results if I go to Google Search and type as keyword phrase: www.localguidesconnect.com, <key word(s)>

Jeroen

Googler

Hi @AlMutebi. It looks like you have secured the information you need to properly search. The team is working on creating a post for everyone on Connect on how to best search on Connect. In the meantime, I'm moving your post to Feedback & Feature Requests. Thank you! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @TraciC. I haven't found the information coz unfortunately the feature doesn't exist yet.

Someone compiled a list of the #LGSummit17 Attendees and i wanted to congratulate someone on that list but couldn't find his invite post. I used several keywords but with no help. That's when i thought about a feature that brings all his posts but it's not yet available. The only one available is the one which uses keywords but it has not helped.

Thanks for the reply.