Marc0's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Local guide using multiple accounts

I don't know if this is the right venue to be reporting this but I found what appears to be a local guide using multiple accounts making reviews to the same businesses. I'm not certain this is a violation but it doesn't seem fair to the businesses, whether the reviews are good or bad.

I tried to use the 'report review' function within the reviews themselves but none of the four options offered as reasons for violation seem to be applicable to this issue.

I saved screenshots of both user pages and both reviews of a local business by what appears to be the same person.

Please feel free to let me know the appropriate way to report something like this and how to give you more information privately since it was specified not to identify people.

Claire's Corner Copia, Chapel Street, New Haven, CT, United States
9 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Local guide using multiple accounts

@MarcC wrote:

I found what appears to be a local guide using multiple accounts making reviews to the same businesses. I'm not certain this is a violation

It is and can result in accounts being terminated.

By tagging a Google Mod eg @TraciC they will explain the correct way to proceed 

Level 8

回應: Local guide using multiple accounts

Hi @Marc0,

According to How Do I Report Content on Google Maps?

.:: Reporting a Local Guide

If you've found a Local Guide contributing content or behaving in a way that you think violates Google Maps' policies and/or Local Guides program rules, let us know here in Connect (but don't share that person's information publicly) by tagging a Google Moderator and we'll reach out to you via private message with instructions on how to share that information with the Local Guides team.

As @Pea tagged our Google Moderator for you already, please wait for them to contact you via private channel.

Level 10

Level 5

Thanks for the guidance, folks.

Noobie here didn't even know how to 'tag' someone (I avoid Twitter), but i think i got it now thanks to this post (for the rest of the noobs outs there):

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Tagging/m-p/37283#M6780

Once you know how to do it it seems obvious but maybe that will help someone like me that didn't know.

I will await reply from @TraciC.

Level 8

Hi @LucioV,

According to LG Program rule, we must join as an individual.

For LG having multiple Google Account, we have to decide which account is used mainly to participate the LG program.  (As each LGC account is tied to an Google Account)

Thus one person having multiple LGC account is a violation of LG program rule in my eye.  And hence the referenced reporting channel applies.

How do you think?

Level 10

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @LucioV,

According to LG Program rule, we must join as an individual.

For LG having multiple Google Account, we have to decide which account is used mainly to participate the LG program.  (As each LGC account is tied to an Google Account)

Thus one person having multiple LGC account is a violation of LG program rule in my eye.  And hence the referenced reporting channel applies.

How do you think?

Hi @YK1001 I think that sometimes could be some confusion and a user could use the wrong account to login to LGC and in other cases could be intentional. I will private you some examples.

Thanks!

Level 8

Hi @LucioV,

The logon by mistake is understood will happen.

Thus the actual activities from each account should be used to determine if a LG is actively abusing the system by using Multiple Accounts.

Personally, having Multiple Account is an alert.  I will remind LG to close extra accounts as soon as possible.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Marc0, I have sent you a private message with more details.

@Pea@LucioV@YK1001 thanks for your help, as always! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

I'm running into a similar situation, I have identified a Google Local Guide Level 5 posting a nasty 1 star review, then using his fathers account to post the same negative 1 star review to the same companies.    Tagging the reviews as 'inappropriate' doesn't seem to be effective.