ZubairC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Law vs Local Guide

@FaridTDFThank you, i didnt know such a thing existed. You should do a post on it.

Level 8

Re: Local Law vs Local Guide

@ZubairC wrote:

Hello Moderators Localguidesconnect

In Bangladesh, there are few conditions [ Digital Security Law 2018 ] are under process to form as law in the Parliament now. Bangladesh government has agreed to raise this law in parliament for formal implementation within very short time.  

Amongst them a section has been written as " if a person enters any government, semi-government, or autonomous organization illegally and secretly record any information or document with electric instruments, it will be considered an act of espionage and he or she will face 14 years of imprisonment, a tk.2,000,000.00fine as money or both.

Under the circumstances, the Bangladeshi Local Guides are in big trouble to contribute to Google Community as LG's activities are being prohibited according to Section 32 of Digital Security Law 2018.

There is another problem that the Bangladeshi LGs may not aware of this section 32 of Digital Security Law 2018 and may face clandestine threat of being victim of breaking law by following Local Guides activity that includes exactly opposite direction to the section 32 of this law. There are some other section in Digital Security Law 2018 that are may be a threat to Local Guides activity.

This is very serious and significant issue that the Google Local Guides Community should take care of. I have no words to express that such law will have negative impact on our LGs activity.

I would call upon the community to sit together for a suggestion to Bangladeshi LGs.

Regards

Digital-Security-Infographic.jpg

Mr. Zubar I read your post with great attention and reflection. In fact we lived in a world where exist so many differences between countries and societies. In fact, in big countries like Brazil there are several differences between states or neighbours.

Perhaps is should be impossible or at least not recommend to create a rule that accept all conditions, but some kind of  "special analyzation" may be appropriate in cases like yours, as written below. 

Congratulations to overcome this limitation adequately and share this kid of information that I didn't imagined that exist until now. 

Yours, 

Ricardo 

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário