ZubairC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Law vs Local Guide

Hello Moderators Localguidesconnect

In Bangladesh, there are few conditions [ Digital Security Law 2018 ] are under process to form as law in the Parliament now. Bangladesh government has agreed to raise this law in parliament for formal implementation within very short time.  

Amongst them a section has been written as " if a person enters any government, semi-government, or autonomous organization illegally and secretly record any information or document with electric instruments, it will be considered an act of espionage and he or she will face 14 years of imprisonment, a tk.2,000,000.00fine as money or both.

Under the circumstances, the Bangladeshi Local Guides are in big trouble to contribute to Google Community as LG's activities are being prohibited according to Section 32 of Digital Security Law 2018.

There is another problem that the Bangladeshi LGs may not aware of this section 32 of Digital Security Law 2018 and may face clandestine threat of being victim of breaking law by following Local Guides activity that includes exactly opposite direction to the section 32 of this law. There are some other section in Digital Security Law 2018 that are may be a threat to Local Guides activity.

This is very serious and significant issue that the Google Local Guides Community should take care of. I have no words to express that such law will have negative impact on our LGs activity.

I would call upon the community to sit together for a suggestion to Bangladeshi LGs.

Regards

Digital-Security-Infographic.jpg

ZC
Bangladesh
21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Local Law vs Local Guide

Hi @ZubairC@ShafiulB@FaridTDF, thanks for sharing this with us. The team has always encouraged Local Guides to abide to all local laws regarding taking photos or recording videos on your devices. In addition, we strongly recommend Local Guides to skip a place if someone do not wish to have their place photographed. 

I believe when made official, more Bangladesh Local Guides will be educated and informed of these new additions of the local laws. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Disculpa que te pregunte @ZubairC, pero no comprendo bien denque manera están en peligro o violen la ley los Local Guides.

La pregunta concreta es:

Una persona cualquiera puede sacar una foto a la fachada de un negocio y/n

Una persona puede preguntarle al dueño de un negocio cuales son los horarios de apertura y cierre de su negocio para colocarlos en Google Maps y/n

Así otras preguntas básicas de lo que realiza un Local Guides.

Saludos Farid

Level 9

Cannot understand your language

ZC
Level 7

@ZubairC : 

Ti suggerisco di scaricare Google tradurre qui

Connect Moderator

@FaridTDF Hi! Dear bro!  

You are right and in this side you are absolutely right. But Its true that a large part of our Local Guides collect photography without permission and Update information without inform the authority by their own experience. 

But here the Bangladesh Government new law is quit opposite of our activity the authority can take decision any time now and then. 

But in this situation we have to be more aware to collecting photographs for Maps or other activities. It will better if we take permission for collect photos then we can do or if we don't get permission then we have to avoid that place...

Its clear and certified that we have to be aware about our Local laws. 

Who are not aware about these he/she have to be suffer the situation in his/her own risk. 

@ZubairC Thanks for this information share on Connect.  Although me also afraid this kind of laws. 

Hope Local Guides team make another awareness for this new law in Bangladesh. @TraciC @JeslynL @ErmesT 

Happy Guiding!!! 

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @ZubairC@ShafiulB@FaridTDF, thanks for sharing this with us. The team has always encouraged Local Guides to abide to all local laws regarding taking photos or recording videos on your devices. In addition, we strongly recommend Local Guides to skip a place if someone do not wish to have their place photographed. 

I believe when made official, more Bangladesh Local Guides will be educated and informed of these new additions of the local laws. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

Hi @ZubairC, look what @FaridTDF wrote to you. 

@FaridTDF wrote:

Excuse me ask  @kbhouse , but do not quite understand how denque are endangered or violate the law Local Guides.

The specific question is:

A person anyone can take a picture of the front of a business and / n

A person can ask a business owner are the opening and closing of your business to Google Maps and place them in / n

And other basic questions of what makes a Local Guides.

Greetings Farid

We've an excellent translation system in connect. 

On the top of your post you'll find a bracket language click and choose in which you want to translate. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Thanks @ZubairC for this interesting piece of law.

I don't understand why you write that this law is not compatible with the photo activity of many Local Guides. You do not need to enter illegally a place to take photo.

Kind regards

Jean

Level 10

@ZubairCIn Kenya we usually go and acquire a permit from the government for (60 USD) before any photo-walk to prevent us from being arrested.

Level 8

Hi @WaweruM

Just out of interest, who pays for this permit? Do you charge the Meet-Up participants a fee? I am really intrigued how that works in your area. In my area (Canary Islands) people would most certainly not pay such a high fee to engage in their hobby (taking photos) and to make it affordable, one would need a guaranteed high number of participants to share the cost.

JeroenM