HashimN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Guides Connect slow

Does anybody else feel that the Connect platform is slow/ has performance issues?

Especially when replying or posting?

It also has some glitches when replying from s mobile device.

7 comments
Level 7

Re: Local Guides Connect slow

Hi @HashimN

feels normal on me,

i using broadband network (no cables)

cheers,

Andrey

Connect Moderator

@HashimN I think it's relative. Can you elaborate more? Like how long does it take for you to load a post in general? What app/website are you comparing it too? Personally I feel it's just okay. It's probably not the fastest site in the world, but definitely not bad. 

What kind of glitches on mobile are you talking about? Can you elaborate more?

Level 9

I agree the speed can be relative. But when on mobile say I press reply and then when I click in the message window to bring the cursor there, It would take me to the end of the page. Happens every time. I have to go up 2 3 times and then the cursors comes to the message window. 

I am opening Connect on Chrome on S7 edge. 

Level 9

@iyudhi I have a video of the glithces. Can you give me an email address of the relevent ?

Level 9

Level 10

Hi @HashimN,

@HashimN wrote:

...when on mobile say I press reply and then when I click in the message window to bring the cursor there, It would take me to the end of the page. Happens every time. I have to go up 2 3 times and then the cursors comes to the message window...

That happens to me, too (also on S7). The solution I have found is that I "long tap" (tap in there and hold a while) into the text area where you can type until the cursor to type appears. 

In general however, I also feel the site is slow.

Level 7

hey, I have the same issue on a 10mbit connection/wifi/macbook pro/chrome...