Sovon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Re: Local Guides Connect app

Internet based approach is available and we can utilise it until there come some android handy app.

Level 8

Hello @Corrie

Please arrange hangouts i am also share my Idea to you. But sorry to say I am not a Moderator. i am Normal Label 5 user. If possible please invite me. 

Regard

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Level 5

Re: Local Guides Connect

Hello! 

This is my first reply to a comment but thought I'd share some insights. The Google Maps operating system is superb. I like how it's basic and easy to use. Simplicity is the key and helps me focus more on enjoying the experience rather than staying on my phone to report what I'm seeing and feeling. Thus being said I think a App is not too bad of a idea. Forums can be intimidating to some. I have only been a part of a few forums in my life because they are pretty complex ways of communication. With that also being said I'm going to be taking some online courses this fall to learn how to make Apps for Android. I'm happy I ran across this question because out there on the road I have wished that I had a easy chat like system to communicate to other local guides. Google hangouts is nice as well! I haven't had the chance to use it with local guides but I text family. I'll definitely keep this community up to date about my findings and hope we can all come a little closer in terms of communication. Google+ is also a great way to communicate but it's hard not to be spammed. Anyways I love all the ideas other bring fourth and am actually finding it exciting to work at these type of issues!! Cheers to the future : )

Best,

Dylan Acosta

"Your friendly neighborhood Local Guide"

"Your friendly neighborhood Local Guide"
Level 2

Re: Local Guides Connect App

good

Level 10

I tried to post on mobile today morning. it wasn't very fun, I gave up, now on desktop. 

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 8

@TraciC wrote:

Hi @Sovon! Glad to hear you are enjoying Local Guides Connect. While an app is not currently available, the website is mobile-responsive in that you can access all the features via your mobile web browser. 

Thank you for the reply. Anyway an 'app' can manage issues much faster.. Waiting

Level 9

Re: Local Guides Connect App

HI  

THE IDEA YOU HAVE BROUGHT FORWARD TO HAVE AN APP IS GREAT

i am sure Google will take aan initative to have a good application ,

I also feel that the email is recieved for all the reply it was better the reply function work so that the same person get a private message and it will be useful i think.

thank you

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 8

good idea

Level 7

How exciting would that be if it was rolled out with the new Nexus devices, Tablet's, Google Home, etc.

I was just thinking that  yesterday because I've been a local guide for a few years but missed the email about this community until Friday.

A beta app would be fun 😉

Laurie DesAutels

@TraciC wrote:

Hi @Sovon! Glad to hear you are enjoying Local Guides Connect. While an app is not currently available, the website is mobile-responsive in that you can access all the features via your mobile web browser. 

@TraciC wrote:

Level 7

Re: Shouldn't there be an app for Local Guides?!

@JamesC wrote:

Hiya!!!

Forgive my impertinence and/or ignorance, but wouldn't ALL of this be so much easier in a dedicated app?!

Right now it's Maps to post, Chrome to check Connect etc etc...just an idea!

Oh, and wouldn't it be BRILL to have short 6-second #video clips in Reviews/Photos too?! 😁💝🌴🌍😋

James,

I bet people would definitely create IFTTT recipes ASAP. 

I'm wondering if we could actually create one on auto pilot and let Google Home do the dialing, and tedious activity while we knock out the list like fire 

Google loves accuracy and efficiency! 💞👏👏🤔🙌