Sovon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Local Guides Connect App

I think it would be much helpful if our local guide community has a connect app. What do you think friends? Please share your views.

Level 10

Re: Local Guides Connect App

Level 10

Re: Local Guides Connect

Level 7

Re: Local Guides Connect app

Hello there!

The Local Guides Connect App would be a very nice solution for our user experience. But, for now, I think that at least the website needs an update.

I am mostly connected to the internet via my smartphone. Whereas this website has a mobile responsive design, but is wasn't quite designed for mobile... I mean, it don't work as well as in desktops. The most common issue I am facing is that it takes too long to load and, when you think it is done and start to roll the page, it starts to load again and brings you back to the top of the page.

Also, writing a post in mobile is hard to do, as every time the post is autosaved (which is very helpful!!), the page freezes for a moment.

Even in desktop, I find it kind of counterintuitive to navigate throughout the site: our profile information aren't well organised; the sidebar menu doesn't really help us to navigate. It looks like a giant mobile website. I feel like there are various different sites inside Local Guides Connect. More importantly, although Local Guides Connect is part of Google Maps, it doesn't feel like it is Google Maps.

In my opinion, you should use the same look of the Local Guides Home Page (https://maps.google.com/localguides/home). It cover most of the issues I reported in this post.

Kind regards,

Guilherme

Level 9

Re: Local Guides Connect app

@GuilhermeCrispim thanks for highlighting that, very important issue

Level 10

Lg connect, is also working fine on iphone 6 plus.

@Sovon

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ

@GuilhermeCrispim

@Ravi_Kiran

@Sanjivbarall

@Sovon wrote:

Hi,

I just loved the idea of Local Guides Connect. Finally a place for Local Guides.

But I would like to request an app for this. That would be awesome and more Easy to use.

Level 8

Connecting with other localguides become more easy with the idea of localguide connet app

Level 9

@ProfArunCM yes it works flawlessly on mobile devices but we are saying that its much user fr

Level 7

@ProfArunCM thanks for mentioning that!

Well, I don't have an iPhone so I can't give my opinion about your experience.

What I meant in my previous post, is that altough this website is mobile friendly it is not mobile optimised.

As an example, please visit this website from your iPhone.

https://trends.google.com/trends/

Observe how easy it is to navigate and find menus and to do everything the site offers. After that, open this same site on your desktop and see how different the experience is. It is more complete.

The mobile version is more simple and clear whereas the desktop version is complete, which is expected as we do more complex tasks on a computer.

On your desktop, try diminishing the window's width. You'll see that the site change to it's mobile version.

So Google Trends has both responsive design (mobile friendly), and mobile optimised user interface. While local guides connect is only responsive.

With kind regards,

Guilherme

Level 2

LG application

Is there an application for the local guide?