Sovon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler
Solution

Re: Local Guides Connect

Hi @Sovon! Glad to hear you are enjoying Local Guides Connect. While an app is not currently available, the website is mobile-responsive in that you can access all the features via your mobile web browser. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

I do second the app idea though. The web app is nice and decent, but it would be awesome to have an app with complete push notifications. It will make the experience more enjoyable.

Googler

Other folks have previously shared about this request and we've logged and shared the feedback with the team. Keep 'em coming!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Re: Shouldn't there be an app for Local Guides?!

I see Local Guides Connect as a 'community' so i don't see the need for it to be mixed with the actual Local Guides activities (they can stay on Maps). But I would like to see a dedicated app for LG Connect itself, complete with push notifications. Right now I've been avoiding on checking LG Connect on mobile. The experience is decent, but most of the time I just thought - I'll wait until I have access to my computer to check.

Level 9

How about launching a mobile app for local guides ?

Hi Local Guides Team, 

How about launching a mobile app for this feature like Local Guides connect app for us ? So that we can get the app from android/apple playstore more easily. 

Thanks,

Shaunak Das 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Googler

Re: How about launching a mobile app for local guides ?

Hi there. There's been some discussion by other Local Guides about creating an app for Local Guides within Google Maps (here) as well as an app for Connect (here). We've shared the feedback with the team and as we've said with other discussions, this site (Local Guides Connect) should work on your phone. We do not currently have plans to launch an app version of Local Guides Connect, but our program (like our benefits) are always evolving so you never know what we'll come up with next 🙂 Keep the feedback coming as it does inform our future plans. 

P.S. We love the suggestions and conversations but as this community is already so active (and so new) some folks may have already asked some questions so we encourage you to search in the community before asking a question to get the answer even faster! 🙂 

Level 10

An app for this community is required.

Need to have an app which can smoothly run on mobile. 

I mostly wants to use on mobile so if I have app it would be very easy. 🙂

Atma Ram
Level 10

Re: An app for this community is required.

i agree with you @AtmaR . but need some time's to create it because just open web form few day run it . find out bug and vearious request then they hope open app .  

are you remember LG review first open web form and view point only website then add also app veison . 

i hope they open it also soon 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Hiya!!

Sorry guys....no emails when you replied!!!

@MateuszM wrote:

I'm all in. I remember reading about such an app like a year ago. It would be an awesome thing to have everything in one app.

B

Level 8

No...I mean an app for the WHOLE Local Guide programme, as I said.