Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Local Guides Connect App

Exactly @KyleAnthonyI you are on point

Level 7

Re: Local Guides Connect App

I love this idea! For now, on my iPhone, I've added this site to my home screen. 

I fully endorse this idea. I'd love to see an app for local guides. 🙂 

@SovonB wrote:

Hi,

I just loved the idea of Local Guides Connect. Finally a place for Local Guides.

But I would like to request an app for this. That would be awesome and more Easy to use.

Level 5

Re: Local Guides Connect

Thank you @TraciC

Using mobile browser version of Local Guide Connect responses slow as compared to native Android or iPhone app. We are waiting for native app which will really help for all users. 🙂

Level 9

Great idea, though we ve talked about it several times on this forum, so either google is working on it or the feedback hasnt reached the right authorities 

Level 9

@Sovon @OnyedikaBenjaminJ @KaleemH @NathanBC @TonyJoy006 I think they are deliberately not making the app. Because its not a big task if they want it done. 

And I think the reason for that maybe that they want this platform not to turn into a Social media platform where people start sharing everything related and not related to Local Guides. Maybe they want LGs to visit it occasionally to get in touch with others and share a little. Just my two cents on this often heard feedback....

Level 10

Hey ! Stunning ! I don't know why we ( well, atleast I ) never thought about this before. This could so true. Google doesn't want this to become chat room or something. Its probably, for passionate local guides like us, who're making a slight effort to go out of the way and then exploring the forums for relevant discussions, whereas once there's an app, it may end up becoming like a :facebook messenger: where replies would be like -- Thums up emoji, and answers like - "OH YESS", NOHH, OK, might fill up the forums without much addition and might need to much moderation.

Clearly that's not what google wants. Well Google wants whagt we want, so actually that's not what we want either. Nobody wants the forums littered like that. 

But I still hope, there's a slightly easier way to reach forums. 

Cheers

Level 8

Re: How about launching a mobile app for local guides ?

Ok yes, this site is not too bad but it is not as user friendly as I have come to expect from Google products. I am the POLAR OPPOSITE of tech savvy and really have only become comfy with my smart phone through GOOGLE APPS! This site is a bit fussy and a bit confusing. I'd go on my computer but it is the devil also. 

So I've been on this site for the first time today and right of I'm saying to myself, I need this in  APP form! And ran off to look on Google Play. Of course I'm sad faced to find none. 

Listen Google... I adore Google products... They are so use friendly and this baby boomer is just trying to keep up with the times. So do me and they rest of us many many BBers a solid and do what you do best! Make us an APP for connect! 

Thanks for listening!

Level 10

@TraciC

Nice info

But please develop some app for LGs too

We are 2 lac + now . Although web is very user and mobile friendly, but It will be great favour by Google. If an app is developed too.

Long live local guide community

Level 7

Re: Shouldn't there be an app for Local Guides?!

Well I think there is NO need for another app. It works amazing on phone browser and that good. 

This will just clutter with all other apps

@JamesC wrote:

No...I mean an app for the WHOLE Local Guide programme, as I said.

Level 9

Re: Shouldn't there be an app for Local Guides?!

We all agree that our smartphones are essential part of our daily routine, so I would agree that if I was able to reach "Local Guides Connect" from the palm of my hand, that would be a big plus.

Keep in mind that, in a lot of places around the world, many local guides are on their smartphones 99% of their times.