Sovon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guides Connect App

Hi,

I just loved the idea of Local Guides Connect. Finally a place for Local Guides.

But I would like to request an app for this. That would be awesome and more Easy to use.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
497 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Local Guides Connect

Hi @Sovon! Glad to hear you are enjoying Local Guides Connect. While an app is not currently available, the website is mobile-responsive in that you can access all the features via your mobile web browser. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Local Guides Connect app

Was wondering will there be an android app for local guides connect

Level 7

Re: Local Guides Connect app

I have a feeling the official response would be that Google never disclose future plans...but it would be awesome if us Local Guides had our own app!! 😄

Former Google Contributor

Hi Marc,

This site should work on your phone. We do not currently have immediate plans to launch an app version of Local Guides Connect, but our program (like our benefits) are always evolving so you never know what we'll come up with next 🙂 Keep the feedback coming as it does inform our future plans. 

Thanks!

Level 10

I see that youve attended Local Guides Global Community Moderators Hangout before, I have heard that there. I just missed a moderaters hangout exploring this site, lol

Former Google Contributor

I try to drop in to the moderator hangouts when I can. I love the opportunity to connect with you all, hear your thoughts and ideas, and answer your questions. Its a privilege to have great people like you in our Local Guides community. 

Level 10

The app is a great idea, cause it would be much faster and more optimized for mobile. And more options for users. So, hope it would come out. 

Let's mark all the Earth 🙂
Level 8

For me its ok if the connect work inside maps

Level 8

Shouldn't there be an app for Local Guides?!

Hiya!!!

Forgive my impertinence and/or ignorance, but wouldn't ALL of this be so much easier in a dedicated app?!

Right now it's Maps to post, Chrome to check Connect etc etc...just an idea!

Oh, and wouldn't it be BRILL to have short 6-second #video clips in Reviews/Photos too?! 😁💝🌴🌍😋

Level 6

Re: Shouldn't there be an app for Local Guides?!

I'm all in. I remember reading about such an app like a year ago. It would be an awesome thing to have everything in one app.