Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Local Guide Program Problem for Iranian User

Hello to dear Googlers
I am a local guide and an active map and map maker editor
rsz_20170310_174802.jpg rsz_20170310_184011.jpg IMG_20170311_185856.jpg

Follow to my friend’s past topic @Amiran about “Cannot comment by app in Iran” Iranian google map users can’t join local guide program by registered account in Iran or by Iran IP
111 222 333 444

We must use proxy for the first time then we would be able to join and start contributing.

555 666 777

In the following after we joined to local guide via that way, we can't contribute like rating, writing reviews or adding photos at the places in the google maps app .

888 999 101010

It is tested by various devices or mobile OS.

If we want to contribute we must use web version of map.

I tested to contribute any place in Iran by a registered account in other country and it completely worked.

Please help us to make maps be a better place

Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran
13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Local Guide Program Problem for Iranian User

Hi @SamanS and @Amiran,

Due to the sanctions on US Embargoed countries, some services may not available in your region. We will look into this issue, though, and report back with anything we discover.

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Level 10

This is totally a known problem for Iranian users, Please no one request for device or application version in response to this thread because this is more basic problem and doesn't belong to app or OS version. Hope we can get an official response about this issue which still continues from start of LG program while we reported it many times.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @SamanS and @Amiran,

Due to the sanctions on US Embargoed countries, some services may not available in your region. We will look into this issue, though, and report back with anything we discover.

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

Hi dear @MariaBi and thanks for your attention, I don't think banning users from volunteer works to help the world, tourists and people to commuting more easily, be part of the sanctions because sanctions belongs to economical aspects. Anyway I'm waiting for your kindly response. Thank you so much

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

Hi dear @MariaBi

Thank you for kindly replying our request

We love so much Google and services and sanctions on Google services effects on people not government, like using local guide which help world people when travel to Iran.

Other Google lovely services not available in our region contain: Google map (local guide, navigate, start driving features, timeline), AdSense, Google My Business, AdWords, Analytics, Chrome's extensions, Play Music (online music), half app of Play store, Pixel mobile phone, Drive, and other I don't remember know.

Thank you for your follow-up and kindly heart.

With a lot of good wishes for you and colleagues

Level 10

Hi dear @MariaBi

Good day

thank you for supporting local guides.

do you have good news for us?

Level 8

Hi @SamanS & @Amiran,

So probably this is the reason that Google Photos is not working on my relative's cellphone in Iran who registered her account in Iran but it is working on someone's device who registered outside of Iran. They are both using iPhone 7S Plus. While it's functioning on desktops, I feel something is missing here!

People talk about smart sanctions and crippling sanctions. I've never seen smart sanctions, and crippling sanctions cripple everyone, including innocent civilians, and make the government more popular. Mohamed ElBaradei [Former Vice-President of Egypt and Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)]

Level 10

Hi @EhsanD

Thank you for your best view.

Unfortunately  "crippling sanctions cripple everyone, including innocent civilians" is true.

We wait for some good news from Ms. @MariaBi which told us: "We will look into this issue, though, and report back with anything we discover."

Level 10

Nice comments Mr Amiran Hope that it will solve very early.

https://plus.google.com/+GolamAgamAzam
Level 10

You guys do realize Google has to work within the boundaries of US laws, right?

Since you guys are Iranian citizens, the more effective way is to petition and convince your government to reconcile with US (or other countries) and get the sanctions down.. then more than Google services e.g. Facebook etc will be open to all Iranians. The power is in your own hands.