JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Limit on number of private messages

@TorM ich versuchte einfach dir meine E-Mail & Handy Nr zu schicken.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT I was planning to do that, and have now done it, as TorM just mailed me.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Former Google Contributor

Hey @JanVanHaver,

I noticed @TorM mentioned he had issues w/ sending multiple messages within a given timeframe. Did you also experience this problem, or was the error message triggered simply when attempting to send a single message (or edit a PM) in response to Torm's message (I believe this was the case)?

Have you tried perhaps adding the recipient to your friend's list? I don't see that we have any regulation on the number of PM's you can send out in succession or per day. 

I know you may have already tried this because you're based in tech, but, if you haven't, please sign out of your Connect profile and clear your cookies/cache. Should the issue persist once you've tried these few steps, please respond here and we'll troubleshoot/investigate further.

We truly appreciate your response and time.

Connect Moderator

Hello @ArielleM_, I have now just tried it again with a new message to TorM that only contained 'Test' and that went through without problems.

To still answer your questions: The error appeared on the 1st attempt I made, with a newly created message containing my email and mobile number.

Log out happens automatically, so I had logged out / in already in the course of the process.

At first TorM was not in my friend list, later I added him, but the result was still the same.

Hey @JanVanHaver,

Thanks for your response! Would you mind providing the following information please:

• mobile carrier
  • browser version/type
  • device type

I appreciate your time and help with this. We'll figure out what's going on :).

Connect Moderator

Sure, @ArielleM_, no problem.

My carrier is the Belgian provider Proximus, but I'm connected now through Vodafone Germany (roaming). The other details you can see in the screenshot

Screenshot_20180724-201338.png

More than perfect @JanVanHaver thanks for the info! I'll update this thread once we have more details on the matter.

Level 8

@JanVanHaver

In the beginning I got the limit error once or twice.  I just have most of the interesting LGs, Googlers, and Moderators as friends and I have no longer seen the error.

But I do not know the correlation if there is any.

Connect Moderator

@VBenedict I added him as friend but still got the error when trying to send the same message. Later on, when trying to send another test PM, it went fine.

I have never found any real use for adding friends on LGC. Can you tell me if this brings any specific advantages?