DBCooper's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Level 7 guide over 3 years of contributions - no perks

I've been contributing for to Google Maps local guides for at least 3 years.  I've submitted 450 pictures that have seen 4.2 million views, answered 5000 questions... videos, reviews, Q&A, etc.  I've participated in every way a guide can earn points.  

I have never received a single perk other than a badge.  

I searched the forum before posting and saw similar queries, so I'm sorry if this is redundant but I can't help but think something just ain't right.  Is something wrong with my account? 

Yes my contact preferences are set up correctly.  I have never received any email in regards to anything local guide related.  I've had a Gmail account since thr times when you needed an invite to get one.

How can I have never been notified of a perk in over 3 years of contributions as a level 7 contributor (halfway to 8)? 

Is there anyone at Google who can look into this?  

Anyone else experience same thing?

2 comments
Level 7

Re: Level 7 guide over 3 years of contributions - no perks

And my badges page is very weird.Same date earnedSame date earned

All badges earned on the same date, which of course is impossible and the obscure "Earned by 140,233" whatever that means.

Even more makss me inclined to think there is something amiss.

Connect Moderator

Re: Level 7 guide over 3 years of contributions - no perks

Hi @DBCooper Welcome in Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Even if you joined Local Guides Connect Community on August 19, 2017, it seems you never participate in here, before today.

• Promotions: Have you activated the notifications on your app? As you are not active in the community, activating the notification is the only way for being informed about promotions in the area where you are registered.
  • Badges: what your badges are saying is: When you joined Local Guides Connect (this community) you were already a Level 7. In that days yous badges has been registered also in the community, so this is the reason why all your badges are dated August 19, 2017. The number indicated below every badge, is showing the number of local guides that, in this community, have that badge. In the specific case, 140,223 Level 5 Local Guides. (140.396 in this moment)

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes