conorb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Level 4 drive storage

Hey there

Ive just reached level 4 and was excited about getting my 2year 1tb of drive data, but on redemption i only got 100gb for a year.

What gives?

https://maps.googleblog.com/2015/11/get-your-favorite-places-on-map-with_13.html

4 comments
Level 8

Re: Level 4 drive storage

Hi @conorb,

Please be noted that the Drive benefit is changed in July.

The current offer is 100GB of spaces for 1 year.

Level 8

What happens to the storage space in your gmail account after 365 days of that extra 100GB space was activated 

Screenshot_261.jpg

Will my gmail account revert back down in size to a regular sized gmail account with 30GB of storage ? 

Will I be able to get another 100GB of extra storage awarded by google for making the same effort that was required to reach lvl 4 the first time around ?

Will the images , edits and work put into achieving lvl 4 continue to be displayed on Google maps - but the storage will evaporate ?

Level 8

Hi @GerryW,

When a Drive benefit is claimed, for example 100GB will be added to your Drive's Total Storage.

When it is expired, the same amount will be deducted from your Drive's Total Storage.

I am not aware of any announced plans for us LGs to extended the duration of the Drive benefit.

Our contributions will continued to be displayed in Maps.  Just our Drive's Total Storage amount will change.

Level 8

Thank you for clarification 

I'm glad to be aware of what happens and NOT to rely on google too much for storage space as the bonus of the extra online storage space will expire