tikimouth's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Legit Map Edits Not Applied

Hello!  I'm a new Guide, and recently started a project to accurately map the public beach access points on my local barrier island in North Carolina.

These markers are extremely important in that A) the public must either trespass private property or B) use a public access walkway to access the beach

and C) when you're on the beach, it is nearly impossible to distinguish where a public walkway is if you get disoriented. All homes have identical looking 

stairways to the beach. At night, it's unlit and a real challenge.

These walkways have never been mapped on Google.  Now, I have begun the process or mapping 100 of these wooden

walkways maintained by three local governments. After successfully mapping and entering 5 of them, Google stopped applying my edits. They would go 

to Pending status then Not Applied.  This is frustrating because any click on my edits and a street view would reveal the signs at the entry point, and

the walkways themselves.  How do I get all of my currently not applied edits approved?  And as I said this is a labor of love which thousands of tourists

will benefit from in the long run. 

Surf City, NC, USA
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Legit Map Edits Not Applied

Hi @tikimouth

Very good dedicated work. May be Moderator Mr @ErmesT help you.

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Programme Rules, The Five Core Values of Connect, Help etc.(see TABs at the bottom of page).

Never share your or anybody's personal information in L G Connect.

Please note, this global community is for Individuals only and any kind of advertising or self promotion is banned here

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 9

Re: Legit Map Edits Not Applied

Hello tikimouth,

As of now there is no direct way to make all of your edits successful. This is the game of trust level towards Google Map, gained by you providing correct edits. It isn't mean that you were providing incorrect edits in past. Trust level is not easy to earn but one can lose it fastly. In the sense of google map a correct edit is that which is already submitted/suggested by others. It is not applicable in all cases, sometimes map algorithm decide itself. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.