Neil31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Larger photo size limit

Hey guys,  

Do you think,  it would be a great idea to allow larger photos to be shared here? 

The cap limit now i quite small for the photos that I have. It would ruin its quality if I reduce its siZe. 

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Larger photo size limit

Hi @Neil31. The file size limit is ~3MB at this point to ensure the site loads quickly for Local Guides with all connection speeds since Local Guides access Connect from all around the world with different access types (mobile, desktop) and speeds. We do not have plans to increase the file size limit at this time but I do understand your feedback as I've had to resize my own images, too. If I want someone to see the full size, I will insert the image and then include a link to my image on Google Maps, too. 

P.S. I moved your post to "Feedback and Feature Requests."

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler
Solution

Hi @Neil31. The file size limit is ~3MB at this point to ensure the site loads quickly for Local Guides with all connection speeds since Local Guides access Connect from all around the world with different access types (mobile, desktop) and speeds. We do not have plans to increase the file size limit at this time but I do understand your feedback as I've had to resize my own images, too. If I want someone to see the full size, I will insert the image and then include a link to my image on Google Maps, too. 

P.S. I moved your post to "Feedback and Feature Requests."

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@Neil31 Actually, 3mb is quite generous for most cases. You can use image hosting website like Imgur to compress your image. I've been doing some testing and most of the time I can't really tell the difference. It's just a bit more hassle to do. 

Level 9

Thank you for the response.