TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Known Issue: Drop in points (updates shared here)

@TraciC

I knew that I'm not the only one who is having the questions on the LG points. I searched my questions before I posted it. Some people were lucky and got their points restored, but others may not be so luck or did not pay attention.
Looks like the system expects users to contribute daily otherwise it will deduct some points. It down graded my level due to the point lost.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

I see some people got restored points, but my points are still dropping as of 12/16/2016.

Level 8

Puntos restituidos

Agradecido porque me han restituido los puntos perdidos
Level 2

Still waiting on that fix...

Connect Moderator

Folks, the Local Guides team will be working on this issue. As a 2016 summit attendee I've been fortunate enough to meet most of the team like @TraciC personally and get to know them. They are an awesome bunch of empathic people who care very much about Local Guides and will be feeling your distress at losing points. I too have lost points and while it is distressing to see the evidence of my efforts vanish, I know and trust that the LG team will resolve the issue as soon as they can. I imagine that if you're early in your LG journey and the loss of points has caused you to drop levels that you're very upset and wish to be restored. Have patience, they will return. Glitches even happen to Google from time to time!

Paul

Level 6

Re: Are you seeing a decrease in your Local Guides points?

@danM wrote:

I was at 183 points just a few minutes ago. I answered a few questions and posted one review, and now have 25 points and was demoted to level 2. Is there a way to report this, or do we just sit back and wait?

I'm now at 93 points. I'm still missing 100 points.

Yes, I know I said 183 earlier, but I had submitted some things since I last paid attention to the number. I know it was over 190, and it makes sense that it would be 93, since my last submission came back with "you are only 7 points away from level 4!"

Level 8

@TraciC I lost more than 300 points, from 1139 I past to 817 😞

By Daniel RS
Level 7

Local guides Losing points again

I went from 776 to 400 again. This time it was a month latter so not. Tos issues etc no help from me 

Level 5
Level 5

Just noticed that my lost points in "places with answers" is now restored. It was 140+ points decreased, all seems back to my account now.

Connect Moderator

Level 4

Re: Losing points overnight

And already back to level 4 thanks @TraciC!