StevenM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Is there a way to show off your badge on your own website?

Hi everyone!

Small request - is there a way for us to share our Local Guide badges on personal blogs?

It would be nice if there were a snippet that we could copy and paste to show a little summary like the one that appears on the Local Guides homepage https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Is there a way to show off your badge on your own website?

Really a nice request.

Not sure, i remember i saw something in the past, anyway i think could be easier to develop using maps api.

Will try to search something.

Lucio

Level 5

Ooh yes please !!! 😉

Very nice idea. 

Level 1

I'm wondering the very same thing.

Former Google Contributor

You mean like a widget @StevenM? Something that would show a link to your contributions and maybe the breakdown of your points?

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

Hi @LuisRG

I guess @StevenM means something like we have over the Top Contributors site (maybe a bit more and customizable set of info). A simple "profile page" that shows the achievements in a bit more user (and visitor) friendly way than the contribution tab in Maps.

Level 4

Yes! Maybe the breakdown being a list by location or by most popular contributions. Just something more than the trusted photographer logo that we can put on personal sites so they are not static - I.e they show that that we are active contributors

@LuisR wrote:

You mean like a widget @StevenM? Something that would show a link to your contributions and maybe the breakdown of your points?

Former Google Contributor

I get it @StevenM 🙂

I'll pass the feedback to the team 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.