ShaikMohammed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Interesting Question - Please Comment

Dear Local Guides,

As you all know now a days a lot of organizations / institutions / Embassies are having Primary Contact Number / Secondary Contact Number / Toll Free Number. But in GOOGLE MAPS we have only one phone number option. I request GOOGLE MAPS team to add new options for phone number as per customer convenience they may choose to call Primary/Secondary/Toll Free Number.

Many time users face difficulty in making call to phone number mentioned in google maps , may be the number mentioned is not working or always busy . Below is sample screenshot which shows alternate numbers.

011.jpg

Local Guides, Please comment your suggestion / Ideas What is the best solution for this.

Also I would like to take advise from @TraciC @AradhanaB @LucioV @OSAMA @AnuradhaP @BellaWi @GusMoreira @Corrie

Thank you.

India
7 comments
Level 9

Re: Interesting Question - Please Comment

when i contact google i prefer to contact by chat i feel its good way and convenient  for me @ShaikMohammed

@ShaikMohammed wrote:

Dear Local Guides,

As you all know now a days a lot of organizations / institutions / Embassies are having Primary Contact Number / Secondary Contact Number / Toll Free Number. But in GOOGLE MAPS we have only one phone number option. I request GOOGLE MAPS team to add new options for phone number as per customer convenience they may choose to call Primary/Secondary/Toll Free Number.

Many time users face difficulty in making call to phone number mentioned in google maps , may be the number mentioned is not working or always busy . Below is sample screenshot which shows alternate numbers.

011.jpg

Local Guides, Please comment your suggestion / Ideas What is the best solution for this.

Also I would like to take advise from @TraciC @AradhanaB @LucioV @OSAMA @AnuradhaP @BellaWi @GusMoreira @Corrie

Thank you.

Level 10

@ShaikMohammed I think that option is available on the GMB trying visiting this link Google My Business Support Answer

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR Thanks for the quick reply. 

I have seen GMB link which says "Enter up to 2 phone numbers (mobile or landline, no fax) at which your business can be called, in addition to your primary phone number." But I am unable to see on my google maps to add 2 phone numbers.

Level 8

@OSAMA Thanks for the reply. My questions was not about contacting google. 

I am looking for 2 phone numbers of each place in google maps. As per my knowledge at present we have only one option to add phone number.

I hope you understand my question.

Level 10

@ShaikMohammed Yes that is true, but I think most businesses has one primary phone numbers, for examples banks which are contemporary businesses do have one primary phone numbers, and with this phone number you can speak to them from any were in your country. Other businesses like schools, hospitals may not be the same but, i think the option of just one primary number too is okay. we would just have to manage it the way we see it, its better there than not being there :D.

Level 9

@ShaikMohammed.. I agree, most businesses in Bahrain have landlines but add mobile numbers too if they don't want to lose the customers (e.g. restaurants, etc.)

In other cases, they put a number just for WhatsApp.

I don't know if Google Maps team is going to approve this suggestion, but I really recommend considering all cases.

Googler

Hi. Thanks for sharing the feedback which we'll pass along to the Google Maps team. I also recommend sharing Google Maps feedback directly in the app or on desktop, too.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.