AniketM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

India markings problems

In India, there are many places which are not on the list of the 'what is this place?'. That is why there are many problems to mark a missing place and to give the proper description of the place. I will list some of the examples:

Chowk, Circle, Statue, Chaat restaurant, Kachori, Samosa, Paan etc. These are only a few examples. Such Indian names are not on the list and which leads to listing incorrect description. And nowadays Indian nomenclature for places and food are quite widely known in the world which also helps foreigners to locate such places easily. My request is to add Indian names and some questions of the place which are suitable for India.

For this purpose, I suggest to draft down the list of Indian nomenclature for miscellaneous things are get it verified by Google Local Guides Level 5 and above.

India
8 comments
Level 8

Re: India markings problems

Hi @AniketM,

Can you elaborate more about "what is this place?"?

Level 7

Hello Sir, 
Sure I can explain in the proper manner. Whenever Google Local Guide has to add a missing place then there is an option named as "Category". I am referring to that.

Level 8

Hi @AniketM,

I got it.  As the Category List is very slow to evolve, what we have to  do is choose the best / nearest category that can represent the place and use it.

It is not perfect, but it is what it is.

Level 9

Hey @AniketM you have made a very important post. I have also face this same problem in Bangladesh. I think Google should set an Indian Moderator or Moderator from Bangladesh - India - Pakistan we have the similarity and to understand these community as well.

Already @YK1001 response to you so give him a more details as what is CHOWK or DHABA is.

Happy Mapping

Level 7

@YK1001

Ok Sir, but the problem in this is that the place does not get the proper category and there should be continuous evolution as per different countries. 

Updating the list of categories will help people to explore the exact local place.

Level 8

Hi @AniketM,

The Category List will indeed evolve - but:

1.  There is no defined way for us LocalGuides to suggest changes to that List - and we can always Send Feedback - Other Feedback to do it.

2.  Google will base of data it collects to determine if adjustments are needed.

This is a very fequently requested feature, but every time, we are told to use what is available.  Everytime.

Level 7

@YK1001

ok, thank you, Sir. We will continue to raise this request thereby evolving with time.

Level 7

hey, @RonneBD thank you for joining the conversation. I also request you to continue this conversation until it is resolved and also request Google Local Guides from the subcontinent to join this conversation.