dipm129's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Improvements for Google Maps

Hi There;

I have seen that many times someone has uploaded a wrong picture for a place and also sometimes they have spammed about the place just to get the points.

This is very much annoying cause these activities may misguide the needed person. 

I alwyas FLAG and REPORT all these pictures without fail to Google so that it can be removed from Google MAPS.

But i will Highly suggest that if Google assign some points for reporting SPAMS to Google. So that these could help us to grow also making Google Maps more improved and useful.

What is your take on this ? Please let me know. 

Dip Mandal

I'm a Local Guide

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Improvements for Google Maps

Hey @dipm129:

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. Definitely an interesting way to flag content that is irrelevant.

I'll be moving your post over to the feedback subforum as well so that others can jump in and add their thoughts on this feedback! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hey @dipm129:

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. Definitely an interesting way to flag content that is irrelevant.

I'll be moving your post over to the feedback subforum as well so that others can jump in and add their thoughts on this feedback! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

An interesting proposition but just like those who are posting photos (sometimes not their own) to the wrong places just for points...what will keep people from flagging good content just for points ?  I agree that there are a lot of photos that should not be on maps