ColbyG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Improve the Not Applied Process

So I ran into the "Not Applied" issue and looking back a couple pages, looks like a lot of others are hitting the automated script that is instantly denying local creation. I would like to suggest that the team implement a process that a guide could flag a "Not Applied" edit for review by a physical person, like they had in Map Maker. Being a level 7 with a good track record for a decade I don't often get Not Applied but I just ran into it. Biggest thing is that it died silently, I put in business name/address/phone/website/hours submit and then no email or notification of the denial, had to go under Edits to see the "Not Applied" status. Shouldn't we at least be notified through email?

Personally I think there should be some process other than, contact the owner and get them to do the Google My Business process.

For those coming here looking for the explanation from google thus far, see Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? 

United States
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Improve the Not Applied Process

Hello @ColbyG,

I can understand the situation you are in. As per my knowledge Google Maps work on an algorithm which accept and reject edit provided by us. Sometimes it send our edits to check the facts section, if it is unsure about the edit. Check the facts section works on crowdsourcing. I had also came through this situation in past but now approval status approx 70%( I think). The most important thing in google map is trust score. Trust is earned on Google Maps by making successful edits.  It is specific, making thousands of edits to phone numbers is not going to give you any trust in changing names. But trust is just one of many factors taken into account when the algorithms look at your edits; and thus successfulling editing one feature does not necessarily mean you'll have the same success on another feature.

#Flash 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Like I said, usually not a problem as mine location creations and edits are almost always instant but my big thing was the no notification of what has or will happen, just silent failure. If Not Applied is the status, is it really going to go to the Check the facts feature? if so then I would think it would be labeled Pending. 

Level 9

@ColbyG wrote:

Like I said, usually not a problem as mine location creations and edits are almost always instant but my big thing was the no notification of what has or will happen, just silent failure. If Not Applied is the status, is it really going to go to the Check the facts feature? if so then I would think it would be labeled Pending

Hello ColbyG,

Apologies for misunderstanding. Yes there is no notification for not applied status(thank you for good feature request ). It is a simple process, 

1. Not applied = No further action 
  2. Pending= need to verify through check the facts section or by showing directly on POI( local guides or Googlers). 

Keep me posted 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.