hectorsantillan04's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Imposible to ADD MISSING PLACE

Hi guys,

Generally I have no problems adding missing places, however, now I have.

I live in Dominican Republic, there are thousands of lottery retailers called "Banca de Lotería" or "Consorcio de Bancas XX_NAME_XX".

1. They should be registered under the category "Lottery Retailer", cause that's what they do, they sell tickets from many lottery companies.

2. I've tried to add many of the places to the map, with many pictures of the place inside and outside, correct phone number, address and hours, it doesn't work, my suggestion is "NOT APPLIED" right away, not even a second of pending status.

3. I've found some registered in other cities, so, I don't know why it won't let me.

4. Other thing, when somtimes there are named all the same... for example in my city there are at least 15 "Banca Real", they are all of the same owner, different addresses, same name.

Any ideas?

------

@HelloJess @OSAMA 

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Imposible to ADD MISSING PLACE

Hi @hectorsantillan04

I have experienced similar frustrations over receiving several "Not Applied" when trying to add the Clarence A. Bain Airport in Mangrove Cay, Andros Island, Bahamas. In spite of all manner of photo documentation I simply receive the "Not Applied".  The only thing I can conclude is that perhaps in that particular area of the world google maps can't substantiate the existence of places. But maybe it is something else. Who knows. It sure would be great if a simple reason for being not applied was provided. I know others have requested this, and it seems like a somewhat simple and reasonable thing to provide and, if we keep asking, perhaps someday it will be provided. Until then we can just keep banging our head against the wall.

Level 8

Re: Imposible to ADD MISSING PLACE

It's a little bit frustrating, mainly when you have consistent contributions and you should have a little more credibility to Google Maps... Well, I hope to be able to discuss these points at #ConnectLive 2018.

Thanks buddy! @Koby